Bite my nuts

Every time I make it to Ogallala Nebraska I dine at my favorite cowboy diner and get the bull fries! Damn good!
Sorry, I won't be attending your event.
Zeke

I used to go to VC and the oyster feed when I lived in Dayton just down the hill. In those days I just did a lot of drinking. We used to have a big feed when I was a kid at branding every year. They aren't too bad once you get past what you are eating. mtmuley

LAST EDITED ON Feb-17-15 AT 05:14PM (MST)[p]Just like clockwork, the Bulls would be turned in with the cows so the calves would come with the first good green grass of Spring. Some years, we'd have as many as 800 calves to tend to and that might take up a month or more of weekends. We'd always do it the old way, with two teams of ropers in the corral, no squeeze shoots around, and a good ground crew that i enjoyed being a steady part of.

The women folk would tend to the tasty bits, at least those that didn't get cooked right on top of the Forge box that kept the irons hot. There was also usually a jug of red wine that got passed around to those that liked the stuff. Grandpa made sure that there was a good time of the work that needed doing.

Now it's been awhile since i had any Mt Oysters but i've had enough in my day to know that i wouldn't walk across the street for one or a bucket full. They were good the way they got fixed, just not that good to me, that they were worth the fuss some made over them.

Joey

"It's all about knowing what your firearms practical limitations are and combining that with your own personal limitations!"

Well sage u had em about the best way there is, fresh off the calf. About the only way I like any of the innerds. Lotta places round here pass off strips of bull nuts as calf nuts, they can b chewy. City folks don't know the difference.

>I used to go to VC
>and the oyster feed when
>I lived in Dayton just
>down the hill. In those
>days I just did a
>lot of drinking. We used
>to have a big feed
>when I was a kid
>at branding every year. They
>aren't too bad once you
>get past what you are
>eating. mtmuley

When I was at Colorado State, it was kinda neat to take the city kids to Bruce's Bar in Severance, CO. and watch their faces once they figured out what they were eating. It tastes like chicken.

4849squirle.jpg

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom