Bison Hunts 2022

they are getting rid of the cow hunts this year entirely, and reducing bull hunts from 125 to 50...if thats any indication of how its been going. . never heard much good about this season. know a few people who tagged bulls way early, but thats about it

I heard from a guy who had a tag last year that they shut the season down early in the park so they must of killed a bunch he didn't get one because of it

I had my flight booked, hotel, rental car etc for the 3rd week of January. They shut the hunt down mid Jan 2023 because they had to start feeding the elk. It hurt. They did this about 5 years ago and called hunters to let them know they needed to come out early. I wish they had this year - I might have been able to make it. I found at at random when I was driving and called to see how bison hunters were doing, lady paused and said we are closing the hunt today!

I had my flight booked, hotel, rental car etc for the 3rd week of January. They shut the hunt down mid Jan 2023 because they had to start feeding the elk. It hurt. They did this about 5 years ago and called hunters to let them know they needed to come out early. I wish they had this year - I might have been able to make it. I found at at random when I was driving and called to see how bison hunters were doing, lady paused and said we are closing the hunt today!
Dang that would suck!!

So do you get a refund ?

Just watched the Jackson presentation, sounds like the success on bison was 84 % this year and the population objective is 500 and this winter counts was 432, said early snows had more bison moving in November/December. Sounds like it was a good year to have tag

Sorry that happened, but it was your responsibility , especially in January, to keep a tab on the season closing.

I helped out and we went 4 outta 5, 3 cows and 1 bull the 5th guy wounded a Bull but we never got it.

I did my normal yearly, December, Jackson thread over on the Bowsite and said that they were going to shut down the Buff hunt early.

I'm thankful I got my Cow Buff and Bull Buff from the opportunity in Wyoming.

Robb

Wyoming Hunting Guides & Outfitters

Badger Creek Outfitters

Offering elk, deer and pronghorn hunts on several privately owned ranches.

Urge 2 Hunt

We focus on trophy elk, mule deer, antelope and moose hunts and take B&C bucks most years.

J & J Outfitters

Offering quality fair-chase hunts for trophy mule deer, elk, and moose in Wyoming.

Yellowstone Horse Rentals - Western Wyoming Horses
Back
Top Bottom