Bison Hunting

W

WildBob

I am interested in hunting Bison. I have been requesting regs from several states and I am currently reviewing Utah's and Wyoming's.

Does anyone on here have any comments or thoughts on a general level? I have heard that there are really only two areas to hunt bison herds with sizeable numbers on large free range territories; in Arizona and Utah. Does anyone know if this is true?

Are there any reasonable (reasonable as in good numbers of Bison and on public land) DIY areas? Thanks for any info in advance.

In Utah you have the Henry Mountain herd....lots of ground to hide out in, is a very tough hunt, you need horses and alot of water...the herd is greater than 400 I heard but that was years ago.
Ignore the Antelope Island hunt, not fair chase and they tell you which one to shoot basicly...

My suggestion if you want a bison would be Alaska... the "TOK Junction" herd. somthing to check into...

I second what nochawk said about Alaska bison.
ismith

45f82e4d30de4f30.jpg

Thanks for the info. I've also been reading up on a herd in Alberta that is supposedly free range...anyone have an experience there??

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom