Bird Dog Training

J

jhpam3117

I have a 10 week old Weim pup and I am looking to get him trained and wondering if anyone knows of a trainer that has experience training weimaraners. I am looking for a trainer that will allow me to be hands on during the training. I live in Sandy, UT and any suggestions would be great.

Thanks
Joe

I have a 10 week old Weim pup and I am looking to get him trained and wondering if anyone knows of a trainer that has experience training weimaraners. I am looking for a trainer that will allow me to be hands on during the training. I live in Sandy, UT and any suggestions would be great.

Thanks
Joe

Do it yourself, all it takes is time. The dog should do most of it itself. You just have to give it experience. If you looking to do trials with it then they take tons more training and time.

4b1db2ac644136c4.jpg

Do it yourself, all it takes is time. The dog should do most of it itself. You just have to give it experience. If you looking to do trials with it then they take tons more training and time.

4b1db2ac644136c4.jpg

I want to do most of it myself but I am a little restricted on time. I have a couple books and the breeder already introduced him to live birds and wings. He is showing a lot of promise. As you mentioned experience is best and in my experience dogs pick up a lot from more experienced dogs too.

I want to do most of it myself but I am a little restricted on time. I have a couple books and the breeder already introduced him to live birds and wings. He is showing a lot of promise. As you mentioned experience is best and in my experience dogs pick up a lot from more experienced dogs too.

If you have time to drive back and forth to a trainer, so you will have "hands on", you have the time to train the dog yourself.

It ain't rocket science.

The dog just needs you to teach it what YOU want it to do.

If someone else does that, it is sort of like sending your wife out to some other guy on your wedding night..........

"What's good for me, ain't necessarily good for the weak minded"

If you have time to drive back and forth to a trainer, so you will have "hands on", you have the time to train the dog yourself.

It ain't rocket science.

The dog just needs you to teach it what YOU want it to do.

If someone else does that, it is sort of like sending your wife out to some other guy on your wedding night..........

"What's good for me, ain't necessarily good for the weak minded"

If its showing promise on the hunting side then just teach it basic commands, instinct and experience with YOU will be the makings of a good dog.

Save the money and give yourself the satisfaction of a job well done.

4b1db2ac644136c4.jpg

If its showing promise on the hunting side then just teach it basic commands, instinct and experience with YOU will be the makings of a good dog.

Save the money and give yourself the satisfaction of a job well done.

4b1db2ac644136c4.jpg

LAST EDITED ON Jul-11-11 AT 07:21PM (MST)[p]Way too young to send to a pro, but, if you want an honest evaluation of the dog, I would be happy to give you an opinion free of charge. I'm a bit south of you, however.

LAST EDITED ON Jul-11-11 AT 07:21PM (MST)[p]Way too young to send to a pro, but, if you want an honest evaluation of the dog, I would be happy to give you an opinion free of charge. I'm a bit south of you, however.

I know he is too young but I like to get some research done before I invest in the training and what not. Where are you?

I know he is too young but I like to get some research done before I invest in the training and what not. Where are you?

I'm in Southern Utah. Let's hear some of your questions or concerns. What are you hoping to achieve with the dog? There are a lot of good bird dog guys near you that would be glad to lend a helping hand.

I'm in Southern Utah. Let's hear some of your questions or concerns. What are you hoping to achieve with the dog? There are a lot of good bird dog guys near you that would be glad to lend a helping hand.

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom