Biometric wall safe

NVBighorn

Long Time Member
Thinking about building in a wall safe for a handgun or two for home defense while still keeping them safe from the grandkids. Was wondering if anyone has any recommendations and/or thoughts about biometric fingerprint locks. Are they dependable? Fast? Worth it?
Thoughts on safes?

[font color="blue"]I don't make the soup,I just stir it.[/font]

True biometrics are a combination of print surface, pressure points, contact area, and length of the contact area. I utilize them at work all the time in security areas. The slightest change on your hand print like cuts, scars, blisters, etc. can cause you problems.

Most of the cheaper ones are not worth the money. In a stress situation a well practiced number code or sequence is probably better.

I would prefer one of the smaller personal ones that you can place on a nightstand or in the nightstand drawer close to your bed. Far faster to get your gun in the middle of the night if someone is breaking in.

Get the best you can afford and get one with a key in the event the batteries go dead and you can get it open with the backup key. Select several you are interested in and use the web to check for feedback pro and con.

RELH

Thanks for the info guys.

Blank, that is exactly the type of info I was wondering about.

RELH, I have one of those by my bed. I was thinking of this more for by my front door behind a hinged picture. It would serve two purposes. One is to have easy access when someone knocks on the door. The other would be a quick spot to store and retrieve my carry gun as I leave or come home.

Thanks again.

[font color="blue"]I don't make the soup,I just stir it.[/font]

LAST EDITED ON Oct-15-14 AT 02:46PM (MST)[p]http://www.hiddensafes.com/index2.htm

Page appears to be down for now.

I have one which fits between the wall studs and is mounted for easy accessibility. I also carry all the time.

My "by the front door" is a hinged wall clock that conceals a medium sized 9mm semi auto. It is mounted 5 feet up where little kids can not reach it. My grandkids have been fully trained about firearms and do not have to sneak a gun out just because they are curious. They know that they can come to me or their grandmother and be able to handled the guns in the gun safe under our supervision. They know how to check each different firearm to make sure it is unloaded.
Then we go to the 40 yard pistol range behind my house and shoot all they want with me or their dad supervising.

It's other peoples kids that I worry about when they visit.

RELH

I wouldn't think new scars, blisters, grease or dirt on a polititians hands would be much of a worry.....

"As democracy is perfected, the office of the President represents, more and more closely, the inner soul of the people. On some great and glorious day, the plain folks of the land will reach their heart's desire at last and the White House will be occupied by a downright fool and complete narcissistic moron."
- H.L. Mencken, the Baltimore Evening Sun, July 26, 1920

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom