Binos Looking at the Euros

U

utaz

Guys,

I have about $850 to spend on binoculars. Many of you have been in the fied this year. What should I buy? I glass long western deserts, canyons and like the long distance. 10X 50 preferably.

Please let me know your thoughts. I looked through the Swars and Euros at the same time at Cabelas. I couldn't sew enough of a difference for $800 bucks more. Though I know out in the field it may be much different.

Utaz

I bought a 850 pair this yr and looked thru Minox HG, Bushnell E2's, Vortex, Pentax DCF Sp's and Pentax DCF ED's. I compared to one another and to the Nikon Monarch which I already owned. In my eyes, the ED's were the best. I used them this yr hunting and was continually impressed.

I bought a pair of the Euros this year and couldn't have been happier. I picked these optics up for an elk hunt. The edge to edge clarity is good, the construction is great but where they really shine is their low light gathering ability. After we had harvested our bull I had a chance to really put these optics to the test. We were watching a bull from a distant vantage point that another hunter was pursuing. This hunter made a poor shot just at dark and the bull while hit continued to move out of the area. There were several others at that vantage point with swarovski and zeiss spotting scopes, as well as several with less expensive optics. One by one they all lost the elk due to light but the Euros were still able to see the elk after the others had lost them. These optics are worth every penny, you won't be dissapointed and even if you are it's cabelas and they will make it right.

Absolutely love my euros, great in low light conditions, and very clear and crisp. Check the bargain cave I have seen them for as low as $600.

If you decide to buy the Euros and have a Cabela's card, they're running a promotion right now (thru the 14th I believe) that gives you $100.00 off a purchase of $500.00 or more when charged to your card. Not a bad deal at all if you have the cash to pay it right off when it comes due....

Foremans RIGHT!!!

ELBOW TO ELBOW ACTION AT CABELAS TODAY!!!

THE KID THAT HELPED ME SAID:YOU SHOULD OF BEEN HERE LAST WEEKEND!!!

I SAID NO THANKS!!!

BOUGHT ME THE CABELA'S ALASKAN GUIDE 10 X 42'S!!!

NOT 850.00 BINO'S BUT FOR ABOUT 475.00 THEY'LL WORK FOR ME!!!

I LIKE THE CLICK ADJUSTMENTS ON THEM!!!

TOO MANY PEOPLE FOR ME THOUGH!!!

469ff2b8110d7f4e.jpg

THE ONLY bobcat THAT KNOWS ALOT OF YOU HAVE HAD THIS IMAGE IN YOUR PEA BRAIN BUT DUE TO POOR SHOOTING TACTICS I'M STILL KICKIN!!!

That dang Cabela's is a money pit! I was in there a couple days ago and took advantage of the promotion. I found a screamin' deal on an '07 Badlands 4500 in the Bargain Cave for $209.99, and bought an Outfitter XL cot that was on sale for $79.99 and a Wooltimate Windshear jacket in the Outfitter Camo that was on sale for $99.99.

Between the promotion which saved me $70.00 and the points I had banked, I ended up with over $400.00 worth of stuff and only had to kick out $220.00 and change.

HEY Foreman!!!

I BOUGHT THE COT TOO!!!

79.00 & THEY THROWED IN THE COT SIDE NIGHT STAND FREE!!!

DID YOU GET ONE???

THIS BEAT ANY DEAL I COULD FIND ANYWHERE ONLINE OR ANYWHERE ELSE BY A LONG SHOT!!!

469ff2b8110d7f4e.jpg

THE ONLY bobcat THAT KNOWS ALOT OF YOU HAVE HAD THIS IMAGE IN YOUR PEA BRAIN BUT DUE TO POOR SHOOTING TACTICS I'M STILL KICKIN!!!

LAST EDITED ON Oct-07-07 AT 10:03AM (MST)[p]Yep, I got the same deal. I spent eight days in a wall tent on the muzzleloader hunt with a friend who had one of the Cabela's Outfitter's XL's, so when I got home and saw them on sale with the free cot side organizer, I had to have one.

I've been using an old wooden military cot that works good, but it's a SOB to put together! I think they assemble everything and then shrink the canvas! Half the time I ended up having to leave one of the end supports off because I couldn't even pry it into place using a shovel handle! I'm headed out to the Bookcliff's on the rifle deer hunt with my cousin and I'm looking forward to using the new cot.

Hey Foreman,

I have the Cabella's Outfitter XL cot and found the same trouble attaching the bars. Gets easier over time but my trick is to attach one side of the head bar, then attach the opposite (criss cross) side of the foot bar. Go back and attach the other side of the the head bar. Now go back to the foot bar, get on your butt, place your foot on the down leg and pull like he!! If you're lucky, you're fingers won't get pinched but it sure is nice once it's together.

Call Doug at cameraland. I have a feeling for the money you want to spend he will reccomend the minox 10x50. My bro had about $800 he wanted to spend and bought the minox 10x42's for $650. I compared these right along side my leicas and swaro's and they are just as clear.....in case you didn't know these are Euro bino's

Mike

You can't go wrong with Minox. I think Swars will always be the best but for your money Minox are hard to beat. I used mine in Wyoming and here in Arizona. In my opinion they're almost as good as the Swars! I prefer the 15x58's especially for long distance viewing. They are heavy but I use my shooting sticks to steady the glass. I've looked through the 10x40's HG Minox and I think they too, are outstanding for the value! I did the research and tested them all out before I made my final decision and haven't been disappointed yet on the clarity...it's superb!

Like many other people on this forum, I am a firm believer in getting the very best optics your budget allows cause you get what you pay for. I sprung for a pair of Leica 10 x 42's about 7 years ago and have never regreted spending the money. I did a lot of research at the time and ended up getting mine from hotbuyselectronics.com. If you haven't seen this website, check it out. They have GREAT deals on many different brands of optics including all the top brands. I was a little skeptical at first and had even read a bad review or two about the site but their prices were so good I decided to go with them. Couldn't have been more pleased, quick delivery of a quality product. At the time I got mine for about $750, now they are about $900 on that site but still considerable less thatn the $1300 asked at Cabelas, Sportsmens, etc. Even the Minox that everyone is raving about go for around $500 there.

I am not going to start an argument here cause my experience with the company was limited, but all I will say is that I have owned a pair on Leica 10 x 42 binoculars for 7 years now and I hunt A LOT and the glasses have performed flawlessly. Not a spec of dust in them, submersible, no scratches, no problems what so ever. And I still paid $750. I also have a Swarovski scope and a pair of Zeiss glasses that I bought at Sportsmans back in the day. I know good optics and use good optics. These glasses are legit. Can't comment towards the warranty information but I registered the product with Leica, no problems. Never have had to use the warranty though. Like I said, don't want to turn this into an argument but I was a happy customer that had no problems and I have handled numerous pairs of Leicas at sporting-good stores, the same as the ones I own. Get you otpics where you want, pay what you want, say what you want, I am satisfied 7 years and a whole lot of dead animals later.

LAST EDITED ON Oct-29-07 AT 04:16PM (MST)[p]I'm not arguing with anyone. You paid your money and rolled the dice, but I can't with good conscious recommend anyone else do it.

And I hope you never have to use the warranty....

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos

Great Deals at Camera Land

Camera Land - Optics, Cameras, & More

Camera Land - The Place to Buy Optics

Camera Land - The Place to Buy Optics
Back
Top Bottom