Binoculars?

Hunthogs1974

From your experience, 10x or 8x for all around use. Plan on using them out west in the open, mountains as well as some timber use while bowhunting. Need all the opinions i can get!!!
Looking hard at Steiner Merlin 10x42/8x42, Leupold wind river pinnacle 10x42/8x42. Any experience wit these particular binoculars?

I'd Go With The 10's!

But That's Just Me!

I Am A LEUPOLD Fan But They Do Have Some Less Expensive Stuff On The Market Just Like Everybody-Else!

For The Money I Still Like My ZEISS Bino's!

The long distance spotting of western hunts seems to demand higher power optics. I carry a pair of 10X Sig Kilo's around my neck for ranging and spotting but I spend most of my time looking through my Swaro 15X on a tripod.
10X is minimum for me.

If you are hunting out West, I would surely go with the 10’s. I’ve had Steiner and Leupold optics (scopes). Based off of those, I would go Leupold.

I’d also agree with littlebighorn, get some 15’s as well. I use mine all the time. Did not take my 15s when I was hunting antelope this weekend. I really missed having them.

10x for sure. I've got some 8xs and....i want to like them but I always find myself wanting that extra little distance and visibility. I've just got some real basic leipold cascades in 10x and they are amazing so far.

From your experience, 10x or 8x for all around use. Plan on using them out west in the open, mountains as well as some timber use while bowhunting. Need all the opinions i can get!!!
Looking hard at Steiner Merlin 10x42/8x42, Leupold wind river pinnacle 10x42/8x42. Any experience wit these particular binoculars?
For budget glass I’d probably throw Maven in the mix. I’m a firm believer in buy once, cry once when it come optics….. Swaro, Leica, Zeiss etc…

Also I’m not a vortex groupie but the diamond backs have been very durable in my experience. I don’t use the case and just sling them around my shoulder.
I have the 10x Diamondbacks and quick spot with them and then have a Vortex Razor Spotting scope that is great.

Buy once cry once, Swarovski or Leica.

I prefer 10x42's over anything else. I have the new EL range 10x42's now and absolutely love them. the optics are excellent and the ballistics solver is fantastic. the pure's may be slightly better optics but I'm a hunter not a bird watcher to I really don't care.

I guess I'm the odd ball, I have been completely satisfied with my Zeiss Victory 8x32's as my carry on my neck binoculars. Image clarity / quality of glass to me is more significant than 8x vs 10x. If I were to buy today I would get the 8x,10x, or 12x Sawros NL Pure and be done with it.

I live out west and currently use 8X32 Swaro's. That said, I recently got to test drive some 10X50 Maven B6's for a couple of weeks and really, really liked them. Was glassing with my son on a couple of hunts and it was "eye opening" if you'll pardon the pun. You can order tripod adapters for them and it would really be a game changer for glassing long periods of time. they ring in at $1050.00 but if you're a veteran I think they can knock off up to 20%. I am going to try some of those Tract bino's. they are sensibly price and get positive reviews as well.

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom