bino?

ishootaRUM300

What size binos would you say is an all around size for hunting 8X, 10X, 12X and why? I ask because I am looking for a new pair of all around binos. I currently have 12X

I've got a pair of 8x32 and 7x50 that are all I need. Then I go to my spotting scope for any more power than those two give me.

I assume by your handle you hunt the west.
If I could only have one pair it would be 10x42.

Sometimes when Barbary hunting I carry my 15x around my neck just because those are more effective and can also take them off and put them on a bog pod.

I used 10x for years until my last pair and they are 8.5x I like them better, a bit wider field of view and brighter. Like Topgun, I go to the spotter if I need more detail.

I do hunt out west hunting elk and whitetail this year. Have hunted muledeer, whitetail and elk. I will be hunting antelope in the near future. Hope to hunt moose and bear someday here at home. If I am lucky I will someday hunt some of the other big game animals. Currently have Nikkon 12X42. I am thinking that I am going to get swarovski binos and if I can afford it a spoter also.

Atop that 300RUM you should have all the Glass you need!:D

[font color=red size=redsize=18"face"]SHOW THEM TO ME![/font]
If You Love Your Country,SHOW THEM TO ME!

I've got Wild Honey Tree's and Crazy Little Weeds growin around my Shack!
These Dusty Roads ain't streets of gold but I'm happy right where I'm at!
All these Perty little Western Belles are a Country Boys Dream!
They ain't got Wings or MM Halo's but they sure look good to me!

Have you ever tried a monocular? I haven't, but maybe you should try that for an all around bino type system.

I had 12x50's for years, now I have 10x42's I love them, I use my spotting scope also, but the new glasses are amazing, buy the best glass you can afford. I found zeiss works best for me. A guy I hunt with uses 10x50, I am thinking about trading into them, but they are a little harder to find if you want high end.

I'll tell you who it was . . . it was that D@MN Sasquatch!

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom