Bino Questions

schoolhousegrizz

Very Active Member
I have narrowed it down to razors or slc swaros. I am currently using 12x42 nikon monarchs. If I could buy a pair and there would never be any additional costs (repairs) then I would get swaros. I have been saving for awhile so I could get either pair. I just don't want to be spending money on repairs, which I would not have to worry about with the razors. Also, I want to get 8 or 10 power. Their main use would be for picking out game, not judging. I nearly always carry a spotting scope for that. Any suggestions? Which binocular? Which power? Thanks.

uh.....are you claiming swaro's don't come with a warranty as good as or better than the razors???

I sent my old pair of 8X32 Swaros in. They were so beat up, I had given them up to grandkids to kick around in the back seat. They were stepped on abused. They sent them back bright and completely gone through. They encouraged me to tell all my friends to send whatever Swaro product they had, in at least once every 5 years, so they can keep them like new. It was free, except they said they now charge extra, when the glass needs replacing.

Unless you drop you binos there's almost no reason to worry about Swarovski repairs.
I don't know much about the Razors but the Swarovski's are second to no one!
Pricey but you only pay once when you get the best.
Zeke

I think either are a good choice. The Swaros are nice but are they a $1000.00+ nicer? If I made my living with them maybe but I would rather have the grand in my pocket and still have great binos. JMO

Vortex in my experience will repair the multiple things that go wrong with their binos at least they did on mine. I had a pair of Razor's for a year and they repaired them all three times I had an issue. I only kept them a hunting season I got tired of mailing them in to be repaired. I've had Swarovski about 2 years now and haven't had an issue.

I know it's not one your considering but I would greatly consider the Meopta Meostar 10-42 HD. You'll find a very good review on rokslide.com comparing them to Swaros. I have these and have always been very impressed with them. Great value for the quality you get and 30 yr warranty. IMO I would probably put them equal to or above the razors and slightly below the swaro.

The Swaro's are better hands down! The Vortex I by for my kids and they are better then my old Nikon Monarch. I use my old Geovids, no problems for years. If you can afford the better optics you should buy them. I have a hard time while hiking hold anything better then a 10 power steady. Bigger bino's then ten power I put on a tripod. Sometimes I even put my ten power on a tripod. It just gives me more comfort when glassing for long periods of time. Good luck

Buy once, cry once! I use the Swarovision EL's in 8.5x42 for all around glassing, they are awesome! I did demo a pair of Razor HD's, and in the field there is no comparison to the Swaro's. Low light performance, and edge clarity are the biggest difference.

2a0fcsk.gif

I got a pair of Swaros I will sell ya... 10x42 SLC's $1000 have sent them in one time in 15 years and they came back brand new wouldnt buy anything but Swarovski.. I upgraded to the EL range last year and have just kept my SLC for the truck and a back up pair

There you go, Swarovski 10X42 SLC for $1,000. Less than the Razors and better glass. When you are on a hunt in the middle of nowhere is when you will need your Vortex warranty. Not an option in my case. They never fail in the safe.

"You can fly a helicopter to the top of Everest and say you've been there. The problem with that is you were an a$$hole when you started and you're still an a$$hole when you get back.
Its the climb that makes you a different person". - Yvon Chouinard

>Thanks guys. Homer Swaro warranty is
>not as good as Vortex.
>Although I agree swaro is
>better glass.

lol....no doubt they have more practice proving it...

I've used the Zeiss 10/40 binos almost daily for 35 years and think they are right up there with any of the others. Check them out, you won't be disappointed.

LAST EDITED ON Aug-27-15 AT 09:35PM (MST)[p]After a ton of research and comparing side by side I have decided to go with Razors. They felt better in my hands and were more comfortable to my eyes. I had talked myself into swaros because of their reputation. After a few more comparisons I didn't think there was much difference. I did think the swaros were put together a little nicer. Thanks for the advice.

I just went through a similar choice with a spotting scope. Lots of good choices but I went with the razor. To my eye the optics rivaled much more expensive pieces for much less money.

As I understand the vortex warranty, as long as I don't loose it, they will fix it. So, it goes everywhere with me. Horses, 4 wheelers, crawling over rocks. Why baby it, use it. Equipment does you no good when you leave it in the truck.

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom