Bino Harness

Y

YMIINIDAHO

What do you guys use? I was going to buy the nimrod and when the shipping came up as $8 from Washington to Idaho I decided otherwise. Called them and the lady hung up on me. That is all I need to never buy something from a company! I have used the Crooked horn for a while, but don't like the bounce and stretch.

LAST EDITED ON Aug-04-09 AT 09:47AM (MST)[p]LAST EDITED ON Aug-04-09 AT 09:47?AM (MST)

http://www.exploreproducts.com/maddog-binobelt-h652-binocularharness.htm

I like the Nimrod because it is the only one I have used that does not have the bounce, particularly if you have a heavier binocular. But since, you've been there, I guess that is out. I have never seen one of these, but they look like they might work. I'm going to have to order one just to see for myself.

yeah the nimrod looks good but they aren't getting my money. that maddog outfit looks like it might work, thanks

I've got the nimrod, it's true it doesn't have the bounce but the attachment setup to the bino sucks. I had to go and buy some rings for it to work. For the price they should of had it done right the first time.

LAST EDITED ON Aug-04-09 AT 11:31AM (MST)[p]butler creek binos buddys..
been using them for years...on heavy swaroskis 10 x50 slc...they work great!
I'm not going to worry about savings on something that worth 1800.00 bucks!

4a2c3c3419e430ad.jpg

rackmaster

I'll second the MadDog setup. I have a Sportsmans Warehouse version and they stay tight to my chest and are protected while hiking.

i had the bino buddy when it first came out and it is just a neck strap with some tubing around your body. could do that myself for about $2

If you are interested in the Nimrod, I will send you mine for $20. It is in great shape. Just not the harness for me.

I've been using the Maddog for about 4 years and its a great set up. I don't like the part that goes over your binoculars so I bought the Crooked Horn "Bino Sheild" and sewed it in place of the Maddog bino sheild. Its a great set up but it is not cheap because I'm buying two different products to make one. But like Rackmaster said, don't skimp on protection for your expensive bino's. fatrooster.

Just went to sportsman's and got the maddog harness system on sale for $20. Gonna test it out tomorrow and see how it works

the harness i use is 17.95 with free shipping it's comfortable and keeps the binoculars from swinging around when i am hiking the site that sells it is in my signature i am new here and don't want to be accused of spamming that's why the link is in the signature.

the thing has a lifetime warranty and so far has been great better than the harnesses i have paid twice as much for in the past

http://www.mybinocularharness.com

LAST EDITED ON Aug-14-09 AT 03:18PM (MST)[p]I ordered the Maddog to try out. How does it compare the Alaskan Guide? I'm carrying 10 + 15 Duovids.

---------------------------------------------------------------
That's more of a "Hey I'm a badger but I really like ponies and rainbows too" smile. - mtnmayhem

I have used mine on a couple scouting trips this last week or two and I really like them. I think that the alaskan outfit is more of a little pouch or pack you wear on your chest, and the maddog is a harness with a cover for the binos. It works real well and holds the binos tight to your chest, no bouncing like the crooked-horn or the like.

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos

Great Deals at Camera Land

Camera Land - Optics, Cameras, & More

Camera Land - The Place to Buy Optics

Camera Land - The Place to Buy Optics
Back
Top Bottom