Billy?

S

springbear

Here is a picture(s) of a goat in my hunting unit.

Billy or not? only picture I got.

goat.jpg

Zoomed in now.

goat-1.jpg

I am not an expert, but it looks like the horns narrow down real fast after the bases. They just look too thin to be a billy to me. I would say nanny.

Yeah, I have taken all those tests a few times since I got the tag. I still only get 80-90% on them

I figured on it being a billy, but it is still hard to tell without being able to see it from a few angles or being able to observe it. I plan on going after it with my bow, so I might just have to go give it a feel and see if it is a billy or not.....

Still a litlle early as well. going to wait for them to get some winter hair on as well.

i would take any goat with a bow. how many accomplish that. when i was bowhunting this year there was a nanny that was super thick and tall. close to 11 inches. she was really old with no kids. i got set-up several times and stalked her. but she would never close the deal on the last few yards.

another thing to do is watch the goats go pee. that is a for sure sign to know if it is a billy or nanny.

It does appear to be a young Billy. What do you all think of horn length? looks pretty decent to me.

>It does appear to be a
>young Billy. What do
>you all think of horn
>length? looks pretty decent to
>me.

almost need a side shot to judge his length.

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom