bighornCO weighted points question

M

moygrande

Basically If I understand it right you build up to 3 points in CO and get a weighted point your 4th year. After that it sounds like all names with weighted preference got an equally tough chance at drawing. I know there is no exact answer to this question but how ling have some of you residents been waiting beyond the 4 years? How about some non-residents? Or how many years did it take you applying in CO to get a ram tag?
This ties in with my other post. I want to do a "once in a lifetime" sheep hunt. I am thinking to spend the points I have on a ewe tag while I can almost gaurantee a draw, vs soon being a non resident and never having odds in my favor to draw a ram tag.?.?
But I do not want to settle for unit 32 if I cannot physically get around the unit.

The 2007 draw had 820 residents put in who had the ?Max? 6 weighted points.
464 non residents had max weighted points. Some of them drew but the
3 preference points 7 weighted points club is large. I had points built up when they Started the weighted system 1996 I believe. They took us all down to 0. This is the 11th year of the (New) weighted system. The 18th application year for me. You wont draw if you don't apply. I know several folks who have had 3 sheep tags in 20 years.
a lot more who have had 2. I just want (1) !@#%*$

They divide your random draw number by your weighted points. So more weighted is better as the lowest random draw number gets the tag.

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom