Bighorn Gorge hunt

Hello All, I hit the lottery and drew bighorn ram tag at the Gorge in September. We’ve scouted a bit and have found them mostly on the westside between Pilar and the Gorge bridge. Has anyone hunted them further north? I hear the John Dunn bridge holds some rams but we haven’t seen many in that area. We are planning to go scouting one more time before the hunt and wondering if anyone has seen any further north…It’s pretty much all I’ve thought about since the results came out but that Jemez Ram sure didn’t help.😁

E97623BA-3F02-4DA3-B2BB-0FC1D4AB1586.jpeg

0A615A3E-0185-4D26-A34E-A9FD7910D0E8.jpeg

We hunted the top. Shot it less than 1/4 mile away from the rim on the west side of the gorge. About a 75 yd shot.

We camped close to where we hunted.

New Mexico Guides & Outfitters

H & A Outfitters

Private and public land hunts since 1992 for elk, mule deer, sheep, pronghorn, black Bear & lion hunts.

505 Outfitters

Public and private land big game hunts. Rifle, muzzleloader and archery hunts available. Free Draw Application Service!

Sierra Blanca Outfitters

Offering a wide array of hunt opportunities and putting clients in prime position to bag a trophy.

Urge 2 Hunt

Hunts in New Mexico on private ranches and remote public land in the top units. Elk vouchers available.

Mangas Outfitters

Landowner tags available! Hunt big bulls and bucks. Any season and multiple hunt units to choose from.

Back
Top Bottom