Big Wyoming Moose

W

west

LAST EDITED ON Sep-16-08 AT 04:52PM (MST)[p]My buddy shot this great bull at 30yds with a bow. Its a 7 by 11 with a 58 1/4in spread. Not to bad for a wyoming moose. Single browtine hurts score, but spread and mass make up for it. Over 8 1/2in bases.
48d006cc1146a81d.jpg

48d006e71ba9c8d5.jpg

48d006fb4d2630de.jpg

These two hung around for about an hour after he shot it. Kept having to chase them off.
48d0384e6fd5b27f.jpg

Wow that thing is a beast! If you don't mind me asking how many points did it take to get that tag and did you see many other moose? I'm trying to decide if its worth spending the money on points. I only have six right now.

I could tell you what unit, but then i'd have to kill ya. I'm still putting in for the tag. It took my buddy full points(13 i think). He's been putting in for a moose tag for the last 28 years. He spotted a few bulls, but this one took the cheese.

No worries...I am already hunting a wyoming tag this year. Area 27, just curious...they are mighty BIG units so I wouldn't be too worried about it. Congrats on him.

That is a Hog-Daddy Shiras! He looks to have the same genetics of my Wyoming moose killed 13 years ago, only bigger! No split on the brows, but huge in every other way!
Congratulations, especially with a bow!

Monster bull! Funny, my little bro saw that bull at the processor in Casper while dropping off an archery antelope.

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom