Big Rams for CA and SGWO!

S

southwestern

The season has come to a close here in California. What an unreal year for the state and for us here at San Gorgonio Wilderness Outfitters. Great new friends, stories and trophies all led to one of the best years you could hope for. Love it when hard work and persistence pays off. Here are some of our trophies from the 2011/2012 CA Desert Hunts. We worked hard for these rams but none of it would be possible without SCBS and CADFG.

-San Gorgonio Outfitters LLC

2632186_state_record_san_g_outfitters.jpg

John Berens
187 3/8 (New State Record)
Orocopias
December 2011
Taken with San Gorgonio Wilderness Outfitters

9355mikes_180_straight_on.jpg

Mike Vail
180+
Marble Mtns
January 2012
Terry Anderson, Jake Franklin and Andrew Pontious

3695russ_hawkins__marbles_173.jpg

Russ Hawkins
173+ gross
Marble Mtns
December 2011
Terry Anderson, Jake Franklin and Andrew Pontious

4460jims_173.jpg

Jim Craig
173+
Old Dads Mtn
Auction Hunter
January 2012

2531ron_deltoro_old_dads.jpg

Ron Del Toro
Old Dads Mtns
December 2011

3813nate_treadwell_169+_cady.jpg

Nate Treadwell
169+
Cady Mtns
Terry Anderson and crew

6250jeff_jones_san_gorgonio_2012.jpg

Jeff Jones
San Gorgonio Wilderness Mtn
January 2012
Terry Anderson and Jake Franklin

Hope all is well!

-SGWO

Congrats to SGWO and their hunters on a tremendous season. What a magnificent display of desert sheep.

Eldorado

Now that's a picture line up worthy of puffing your chests out about! Congrtats to all the hunters and especially SGWO. Pretty hard to beat that group of rams, especially in one year.
The first one looks absolutely prehistoric! How old is that old boy?
Very nice

Holy cow! It's been a long time since I was so IMPRESSED.

That's a fine line-up of trophy "old" rams!

Well done boys, well done!

Zeke

That is easily the best lineup up sheep pictures I have ever seen. Really cool and thanks for sharing the wealth!

Everytime I see that top Ram it reminds me of Yoda from Star Wars!!!!

Very impresive line up.....

Yoda for sure, I think he was 12 or 13? Great job gettin that old dude killed...probably would've been lost to the Desert before too long. A perfect example of what a State Record should be, in EVERY sense!

What an incredible season you guys had...tremendous line up

And for CA as well, with the other Orocopia ram going 178+, and the 180 class archery ram, might just be the best sheep season the state's ever had eh!

Thanks for lettin' us see the fine fruits of your endeavors

Cheers'

LAST EDITED ON Feb-16-12 AT 12:37PM (MST)[p]
WTF Jake? I killed the smallest one? Not fair. :) Colin deserves some credit on mine too.

Nate!
A big ram is a big ram! Numbers have so little to do with it. Yours definitely had the biggest drop though! An we worked our tails off for that bugger. It was all that running around with a bow! Good times.

An thank y'all so much! Truly was an amazing year for us.
One for the record books that's for sure. John's ram (top one) was aged at 12+ and Mikes ram (second one down 180) was 11+ with a leg that had broken and healed back 4 years ago. You can see in his age rings what year he had broke it. Awesome old boys

3113gimpy_leg.jpg

This is the leg of the 180+ from the Marbles "Gimpy" Mikes Ram.
His bone popped out of his skin and completely fixed itself... well kind of. Pretty incredible!

Got any pictures of Jim Azevedo's Cady Mtns ram? I know it wasn't as large as these rams, but he had a great hunt and I'd enjoy seeing a picture. He spoke very highly of SGWO.

9076jims_cadys_ram.jpg

Jim's beautiful ram!
We had an awesome time hunting with Jim, one of the nicest guys you could imagine.
An his black powder rifle was almost as big as him! Good people are just that, good people.

Very Nice to see, Thank You!! Those are Monster desert Rams that anybody would be very proud to take!

Joey

"It's all about knowing what your firearms practical limitations are and combining that with your own personal limitations!"

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom