Big horn sheep / UTAH

E

ElkBugle101

Where should i be putting in for RMB? How good are the odds on drawing with 8 points?Be nice now

Well, you don't say if you're a resident or not, so I'll assume you're a non-resident. If so, there is only 1 tag, and it is for nile-mile, range creek. Preference points don't matter, everyone is in the random draw, with odds of less than 1 in 1,000.

With 8 resident points your overall drawing odds are around 1 in 50, depending on the unit you apply for. You need to go to the DWR website and see the odds for each unit to make your best decision. Anyway you look at it, your odds are long, but somebody has to draw and it might as well be you. My bighorn hunt was the best hunt I have ever experienced!
Good Luck

I drew my Rocky with 6 points a couple years ago and then this last year-2007- my Mrs drew her Rocky in a different unit with 6 pts...both Utah units.

I am after my Desert Ram now... low points going in! how sad for me! ha

Ya can't go wrong with any of the Utah Rocky units... so pick the one ya have had the most interest in and go for it!

Robb

Thanks for your input. Maybe i'll get lucky and draw before im to damn old to hunt these animals. Do i have to have a guide to get a good sheep?

I think there is only 1 non-resident rocky tag right now. Its on some great units but the odds even with your eight points are still scary.

Maybe someone with experience to tag along with you vs paying for a guide.

But that would be strickly up to you.

Depends on the unit you draw too.... top end unit...ya may want to drop the $$$ for a guide to get a top end Ram.

Robb

I have a few friends who live in Utah and they said the sheep grow quite big(body size).

LAST EDITED ON Feb-09-08 AT 08:42PM (MST)[p]wackandstack-what is considered a big ram? i see them quite often and dont know much about them.i figure the one in the center is the biggest.this is only one of the herds i run into. what are the huntig dates?how many points needed to draw the NE utah unit? i have more pictures if interested.
47ae724f79eee1dc.jpg

Thanks for the pics slcmuley. Where are these taken at? You need probaly about 10+ points. There is a couple nice rams in this bunch. Send more if you can.

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom