Big game hunt for wheelchair hunter

T

Troyhunts

I need help finding a place where my dad could shoot an elk or deer from his wheelchair or truck. He's in his mid 70's and is able to shoot pretty well from his chair, but is not real mobile. We've taken him pheasant hunting and he was able to shoot birds from his chair. I want to get him on a deer or elk, but I haven't been able to find a place with easy wheelchair access.

Can anyone help me connect with a land owner or location where my dad can shoot from his chair, truck, or wheeler? It would be a dream come true for dad to be on a big game hunt again.

Thanks!

Trophy size is not a big deal. Even a cow elk hunt would be cool. I don't have a price range in mind, it would depend on the hunt.

cant help ya, but i hope you get your dad on a hunt. doubt he would even care if he gets anything. theres something to be said for just getting out in the great outdoors with your dad.

To dirtygrass!,

I wanted to say thank you on the board so everyone know's how appreciative I am for your generosity. I talked with my parents this morning and they said it's just too far to drive for my dad. He turns 76 this month and has a hard time sitting in the car for more than a couple hours. Your generousity is very much appreciated. This would have been a dream hunt.

I will let anyone hunt with me that wants to especially handicapped and kids. As long as no one tells anyone where they hunted (pretty special for deer) and as long as I can be there.

That's incredible! My dad has only been on a plane once and that was nearly 20 years ago. I'll go over and talk with him this evening after work and see if I can convince him to board the plane.

Get your father out there and enjoy the hunt!!! A incredible offer here something both of you will never forget. My father is handicap and I took him to Iowa bowhunting public land and its something we will never forget.

470deer_2010.jpg

Picture of the deer my father killed a couple years ago, the picture does not do him justice.

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom