Big Desert Bighorn Ram

hillshooter

I'm a newbie when it comes to sheep, but I think that this guy would be a keeper. I found him while out deer hunting this weekend. How does this ram rate, is he a shooter or does he need to grow some more. I'll never have this tag, but hopefully my boy will in the next 100 years, so I'd like some input from those that are more experienced with judging sheep.

Screenshot_20241021_105412_Photos.jpg

Screenshot_20241021_105439_Photos.jpg

Screenshot_20241021_105509_Photos.jpg

Screenshot_20241021_105524_Photos.jpg

Looks like a great ram with lots of potential. Hard to see with those pics but I think he’s 5 years old. Maybe 6 but I wouldn’t think any older. Certain units in certain states he’d be a no brainer but in a lot of AZ units or NM ones you’d be better off waiting.

I've got some more footage of him that I can go through to see if I can get any different pictures of the rings that you guys are talking about. What are you looking at specifically for aging a ram like this?

I also wanted to pay it forward, and say that if someone has a sheep tag that is looking for a ram, I would be happy to share what information I have with them, regarding this ram and the unit he's in. When I had my OIL Moose tag, I had people on here that I didn't know helping me out and I couldn't thank them enough.

I also wanted to pay it forward, and say that if someone has a sheep tag that is looking for a ram, I would be happy to share what information I have with them, regarding this ram and the unit he's in. When I had my OIL Moose tag, I had people on here that I didn't know helping me out and I couldn't thank them enough.
I have a sheep tag for the Dirty Devil and I could use any help that I can get to find a ram like that.

That ram is 8 or 9 years old. I'm trying to kill him.
I wish that you were with me when I saw him. He and his ewes were 226 yards away from us just feeding like they didn't have a care in the world. He was also in a really good spot to kill him. PM me if you'd like and we can talk more about it, and where I saw him.

Let him grow (although in some pop’s he might be as big as he gets). Those lamb tips make him look bigger than he is, although thats a pretty deep curl (32/33”?)

$.02

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom