big bucks in id 2010

T

tufcntry

from everything ive heard idaho had a stellar trophy year. a taxidermist freind of mine in boise has had 5 or 7 bucks over 200 inches an several more pushing that. ive seen and heard of quite a few. what have you guys heard and seen? and why do you think idaho had a year like this?

back to back years of mild winters, wet summers, and low hunter harvest in 08, 09. IMO

Nope...not possible. Everyone knows the wolves and blood thirsty residents have killed everything with antlers twenty years ago. Those bucks were all killed in "colovadazona". So keep buying your points!

the artist formerly known as "gemstatejake".

>back to back years of mild
>winters, wet summers, and low
>hunter harvest in 08, 09.
> IMO

+1
And don't forget great genetics in quite a few areas in the state! There will always be some that make it through to old age.

>from everything ive heard idaho had
>a stellar trophy year. a
>taxidermist freind of mine in
>boise has had 5 or
>7 bucks over 200 inches
>an several more pushing that.
>ive seen and heard of
>quite a few. what have
>you guys heard and seen?
>and why do you think
>idaho had a year like
>this?

Did your friend say if these bucks were coming out of the late "rut" hunts mostly or general season.

My view of this year is the total harvest will be low but yes some nice bucks will have been killed, like last year, mostly in the late hunts. I think we did a bit of a number on the SW herds in 07 with the big storm that came through the third week. Just my .02cents.

most of his deer were general season deer and this is just one taxidermist. but if you look at the 2010 deer pics in the mule deer forum id represented pretty damn well, and those are just a few deer that are on here, you know there are alot more big bucks that were killed. also if you click on the mule deer country web site under the id forum alderman has a deal on there about id having a good year for trophys to.

A lot of Limited entry Draw bucks( Like 3%) and Private property bucks on Aldermans site. One nice one from unit 39. Like to see more 200" public DIY deer.

tufcntry, how about some photos from your buddies shop. I'd love to see some of this years top end Idaho deer. Over here on the east side my informal survey of hunters has been pretty bleak. I buddy of mine hunted 45 and he was quite disappointed. With what I've heard I wouldn't think we were on the rebound yet.

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos

Idaho Hunting Guides & Outfitters

Bearpaw Outfitters

Idaho Deer & Elk Allocation Tags, Plus Bear, Bison, Lion, Moose, Turkey and Montana Prairie Dogs.

Urge 2 Hunt

We focus on trophy elk, mule deer, whitetail, bear, lion and wolf hunts and spend hundreds of hours scouting.

Jokers Wild Outdoors

Trophy elk, whitetail, mule deer, antelope, bear and moose hunts. 35k acres of private land.

Back
Top Bottom