Big Buck Contest

eelgrass

Long Time Member
Every year the sawmill I work at holds a big buck contest. $200 prize for the largest Blacktail taken among our mill crew. There are about 20 of us who are avid hunters.

I know of about 5 bucks killed and the winner took a forked horn about 14" wide and 12" tall.

I didn't hunt this year, but several of my hard core friends reported seeing 0-3 deer per weekend. Not bucks, but total deer!

Our deer herd is in great shape and I'm sure the Department of Fish & WILDLIFE will allow 2 B tags next year too! Pathetic!

Eel

Eel, You guys were seeing more deer per day than i saw this year in the C zone! I wasn't hunting country that i figured to see a lot of deer but i was hunting country with some of the best habitat a guy is ever going to see with plenty of water close by.

The local meat processing plant, Biggs, reported more animals processed than last year so the herd appears to be holding its own but it's just a shadow of what it was even 10-15 years ago and nothing, i mean NOTHING like it was when i moved up on the mountain 30 years ago. Sad deal!

Joey

"It's all about knowing what your firearms practical limitations are and combining that with your own personal limitations!"

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos

California Guides & Outfitters

Western Wildlife Adventures

Offering some fine Blacktail Deer hunting, Wild Pig hunts, Turkey hunts and Waterfowl hunts.

Urge 2 Hunt

We offer the top private land hunts in all of California, for blacktail deer, elk, pigs, bison and turkeys.

G & J Outdoors

Offering Tule elk hunts for bulls and cows on a 17,000 acre Ranch in Laytonville, CA with 100% success.

Back
Top Bottom