Big Blue Marlin

• Thread starter rockycomfortcreek
  • Start date
R

rockycomfortcreek

Here is a photo of a 500# Blue Marlin I caught this summer at Kona.

473135562efce7f3.jpg

LAST EDITED ON Nov-06-07 AT 10:11PM (MST)[p]Mr Eel

Actually my good friend Ransom caught this marlin. He said it took about 2 hours. His wife caught a 300# pound and his nephew caught a 120# on the same day. He's holding out till tomorrow night for his 1,000 post.

CHIT! I blew it, wasn't paying attention to what I was doing.

Ransom

YOU BLEW IT!!!!! ALL that running around this afternoon as the janitor.....and post 1000 goes away with out a pic!!!

Sort of. Anyway I hope all you guys have fun at work tomorrow NOT! LOL Winds is picking up and rain forecast for tomorrow should take shotgun.
By the way tag many pictures of the Clear Water and no fish in sight. Whats up with that?

My brother had the digital camera, and i guess he didn't catch any? I've got plent of conventional film pics of them but no scanner....kinda just gotta take my word for it?

LAST EDITED ON Nov-06-07 AT 10:41PM (MST)[p]LAST EDITED ON Nov-06-07 AT 10:39?PM (MST)

I'm the oldest of 6. only 3 of us made the trip.with sis in law and niece.

good catch.thx

Plenty of 14-18 inch fish, occasionally bigger than that, but on my 3 wieght its great.

you ever put one of those big fish on a fly rod?

LAST EDITED ON Nov-06-07 AT 10:43PM (MST)[p]Now if you'd edit the message you copied there'd be no proof i ever said it

>LAST EDITED ON Nov-06-07
>AT 10:41?PM (MST)

>
>LAST EDITED ON Nov-06-07
>AT 10:39?PM (MST)

>
>I'm the oldest of 6. only
>3 of us made the
>trip.with sis in law and
>niece.
>
>good catch.thx
>
>Plenty of 14-18 inch fish, occasionally
>bigger than that, but on
>my 3 wieght its great.
>
>
>you ever put one of those
>big fish on a fly
>rod?

Blues are hard to catch on a fly. It can be done with the right set up. They don't fall for the bait/ lure switch to a fly trick.
I use a 6 wt for trout, now I feel like I'm horseing them.

>He's holding out till tomorrow
>night for his 1,000 post.
>
>
>CHIT! I blew it, wasn't paying
>attention to what I was
>doing.
>
>
>Ransom

Eh! It's ok! Who cares about 1000 anyway? We want a good 1001 post.

>
>Eh! It's ok! Who cares about
>1000 anyway? We want a
>good 1001 post.

Ok...so maybe a 1005 post? 1010??

Jenn
01306.jpg

I used to use a 5 weight and if the wind picks up its nice to have one, but its all about the fight for me, and the 3 wt. is sweet for making a 2 minute fight last 10 min.

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom