Big Blacktail Buck

quest

Very Active Member
This was from Taxidermy Net.
null_zps767566c5.png

Did He Shoot him in the Eye?

I used to know of places worth Hiking in to for Elk & Deer!
Thanks to Illegal Bastards & the USFS not enforcing Rules you can Zing in to them Places on Wheelers now & not see a Damn thing!
But by GAWD it don't take long for them U-Tards to get there with all the Unethical BS and the New Technology!

jeezus....I would have shot him in the foot if it was the only shot I had.....what a fricking toad......

Giant. Looks like the ears a little jacked up. Would love to know the story on that one!

elkassassin, who the hell cares were he hit the sob' woops sorry, let me say that in yelum talk, why yes I do belive the buck had at least ,one round in the head, if it was a killing first shot, or a follow up, who knows, but the buck is a shooter, and could make the great book, why ask anything else??

> elkassassin, who the hell cares
>were he hit the sob'
>woops sorry, let me
>say that in yelum talk,
>why yes I do belive
> the buck had at
>least ,one round in
>the head, if it was
>a killing first shot,
>or a follow up, who
>knows, but the buck is
>a shooter, and could
>make the great book, why
>ask anything else??

So elkun?

You're gonna destroy the Cape & Cost yourself even more money?

I used to know of places worth Hiking in to for Elk & Deer!
Thanks to Illegal Bastards & the USFS not enforcing Rules you can Zing in to them Places on Wheelers now & not see a Damn thing!
But by GAWD it don't take long for them U-Tards to get there with all the Unethical BS and the New Technology!

well elkassassin, when you hunt to get in the great book , money means little,,,,,,

Eel was that one of the bucks taken out from one of the honey holes you have marked on your "Honey Hole Map"?

RELH

LAST EDITED ON Nov-19-13 AT 00:03AM (MST)[p]We need more info on this buck. If true, that is a very remarkable Blacktail buck indeed!!

Edit: I found the thread on Taxidermy.net and this is what on of the posters, DL, had to say,

Re: Wild Looking California Buck
? Reply #6 on: Yesterday at 06:36:27 PM ?

"It was taken in the foothills of California on the west side of the sierras. It's not a mule deer and the deer here all have black tails until you get up high in the mountains and on the Sierra east slope. If it was west of interstate 5 about thirty miles west of there it would be classified as a true Blacktail."

Even though this Ca. Buck will not be entered in the Records as a true Blacktail, it's still one heck of a buck!

Joey

"It's all about knowing what your firearms practical limitations are and combining that with your own personal limitations!"

Bucks in eastern California are not true blacktail, they are blacktail-muley cross which is why they are not eligible for entry into Boone and Crockett as blacktail.

Everytime someone kills a decent buck on the east side people jump up and down and scream that its a blacktail trying to make a giant out of what would be a good mule deer.

Hey guys I know I am going to take heat for this but that is a whitetail deer. Probably from Texas. May be a Mexican deer.

Joey, thanks for looking that up. I was wondering the same thing.

Not my honey hole RELH. I have those posted with no trespassing signs.

Tristate, if it was Texas there would be a sack of corn in the truck.:)

Eel

"Tristate, if it was Texas there would be a sack of corn in the truck."

Eel, what do you think is in the back of the dump truck behind him?

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom