Big Bear, Big Bear scare

Wow.....typical yahoo news. That has to be the worst written make believe story ever....

Black....brown....what’s the difference.....

If you have instagram the story with a short video can be found at: tanasue_fit
Pretty intense - taking video would be the last thing on my mind

I don't think the story is made up, but it is badly written and of course there's always a little exaggeration in a hunting/fishing story.

I've been there with a brown bear, our gun didn't jam up though, we ran out of bullets. the .308 got it done but probably wasn't the caliber to be shooting a brown bear on a salmon stream.

I have no respect for Tana and her husband. They burn a lot of aviation fuel to fly around to find big moose bou etc. Then they land nearby and go kill them the next morning. It should be illegal but it isn't. I'm sure the bear was spotted from the air first. Karma almost caught up to them. End of rant :D

I don't think the story is made up, but it is badly written and of course there's always a little exaggeration in a hunting/fishing story.

I've been there with a brown bear, our gun didn't jam up though, we ran out of bullets. the .308 got it done but probably wasn't the caliber to be shooting a brown bear on a salmon stream.

I have no respect for Tana and her husband. They burn a lot of aviation fuel to fly around to find big moose bou etc. Then they land nearby and go kill them the next morning. It should be illegal but it isn't. I'm sure the bear was spotted from the air first. Karma almost caught up to them. End of rant :D
Not a fan at all of the hunting community "social influencers" that post/blog all their crap/experiences online in exchange for sponsorship etc.

Lol.....sounds a little like Super Cub envy.....

I have no respect for Tana and her husband. They burn a lot of aviation fuel to fly around to find big moose bou etc. Then they land nearby and go kill them the next morning. It should be illegal but it isn't. I'm sure the bear was spotted from the air first. Karma almost caught up to them. End of rant :

Lol.....sounds a little like Super Cub envy.....

I have no respect for Tana and her husband. They burn a lot of aviation fuel to fly around to find big moose bou etc. Then they land nearby and go kill them the next morning. It should be illegal but it isn't. I'm sure the bear was spotted from the air first. Karma almost caught up to them. End of rant :
Not at all it. It’s about ethics. I have access and use super Cubs. But we are not flying around looking for the biggest animal out there, landing nearby and shooting them. There’s no sport in it and that’s why they banned aerial spotting of sheep. It will happen with moose and caribou eventually it’s just been more problematic with dall sheep.

Sounds like a normal every day brown bear hunt to me. Slightly exaggerated.

Why would Yahoo report it? To infuriate their base readership. Poor bear.

I don’t know anything about his story, except I will never forget how heavy my pack was hauling my Brown Bear hide off that nasty peak

My buddy guides brown bear, and told me he always carried a 375 for backup, but hated the length and weight of it. I sold him a 416 Ruger Alaskan to use instead. He called last week and said the clients 4 30-06's didnt do the job, but the little Ruger was the Hammer of Thor with 400 grain bullets, and there was no going into the alders required!!!

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom