Big AZ Desert Ram

M

maddglasser

I tried to upload the video I took but can't. I guess this will work. I shot video at less than 20 yards of this ram. I think he's a good one, I would shoot this ram!
48803a3a0685acd7.jpg

48803a6a091baf03.jpg

48803a9c099b1668.jpg

www.southwesthuntingadventures.com

Yep, I've got a 110 grain accubound that's just waiting for the chance to take him! I think I'm at 7 points now...maybe someday.

He's a first day shooter for me.

It seems to me you've been out scouting alot here lately and the draw results aren't even out yet.

>It seems to me you've been
>out scouting alot here lately
>and the draw results aren't
>even out yet.

I imagine it is easier to get a client to book if you have pictures of rams like that. Nice ram!

Oak,
A person would think that, but it is so tough to book a sheep hunter in AZ since they allow 31 days to get a ram. Since 87' the average age and score of sheep has gone down. 86' and before you were only allowed 15 days, I feel people took it more to heart than now. Everybody has a friend that has hunted somewhere around their unit and that is good enough for them.

I scout sheep now because I just love doin it. I don't live close enough to elk country so this is how I pass time
Travis

Glasser,

Being a NR of sheep country, I've often wondered how many residents draw a tag and then don't take it too serious. I've heard that some don't even go on the hunt.

I know of two NR that drew tags here in AZ hunted 3-4 days and left. They didn't kill. They said they walked all over and didn't see anything. But I have also seen residents that could not stay sober long enough for their hunt. For sheep lovers, this is almost as bad as stealing our wives.......worse in my mind! I hear all the time" I got 31 days to find a ram". What they don't realize is the hunt starts 3 months before. A person should know what to expect of their unit at the least.

I know everyone does not have my luxury of time or location. But I have never had a person call and ask for pointers either. Most sheep people are not tight lipped when it comes to lending a hand. But when someone does book with me, or many guides, they get all this and the actual knowledge of the animals in a particular unit.

168 what are the hell are you talking about he would be lucky to break 160. dosent anyone know how to score a sheep. plus what is that a texas dall, just kidding that is a freakin smoker ram travis. must be a 15c north ram due to the lack of mass.

I feel sorry for that thing, having to carry around that massive set of horn 24/7 would put a kink in yer neck! Awesome pictures!

RockyMtnOyster

Didn't see many guesses on the score. I'd say that ram is every bit of 170 and then some!

Very Nice photos Travis!

You just never know what to expect when it comes to sheep hunting. I've seen folks work their butt off and never fire a shot. I've also seen guys not hardly scout and shoot nice rams the first day.

We happen to have a few of those smelly things in my part of the state too.

Nick

i put him at 182-184 the bases are at or over 16 with 36 inches of length and hell at the 4th mass mesurment he will still go 10 inches either way he is well over a b&c ram. or a possible world record with a bow.

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom