Beware of Fedex shipping!

M

manny15

This will probably get nuked but I'm pist...

I've been dealing with FedEx for over 5 years now I sell allot crap on ebay, but lately they keep screwing up and their price's gone thru the roof.

And now my wife who is manager of a major cell phone Co. told me that 3 separate orders of expensive cell phones have come up missing totaling $9,000....Hmmmmmmm

Lack of integrity in their people...my business goes elsewhere from now on!

Always been a fan of UPS. My business is in a rural location and if something gets shipped fed ex they can't find me and I don't see it for weeks. Never a prob with UPS though.

what pisses me off about fed ex is they never come at the same time around here, anytime from 10:00 to 4:00, ups is always with in 15 min. of 11:00. not a big deal, unless its a pakage you have to sighn for, i can always expect to go pick it up myself at a fed ex hub if i want it within a week.

Same here. Fed-ex shows up anytime between 7:00am & 5:00pm. Ups is usually the same time of day, + or - 30 minutes.

Manny;

I gave up shipping with UPS and FedEx due to the fees and sometimes very pi$$ poor service of damaged goods.
If your items are not that large, look at the rates for Postal Service Priorty mail. They have a flat rate box that will allow you to ship in the U.S. for under ten bucks and it will take heavy items as long as it fits inside the box.
I ship my custom knives to just about every state and have had no problems with USPS priorty mail and I get tracking and full insurance for 9-10 bucks.
I even get the boxes free from the postal service, I order 50-100 at a time.

RELH

Just one of many lost Fedex shipments.

497510fd217fe1cb.jpg

>Just one of many lost Fedex
>shipments.
>
>
497510fd217fe1cb.jpg

Chit how did i ever forget that movie!.....LOL

I work for Fedex Express and I hate to hear your not getting the service you deserve. I'm sorry costs have gone up but I am sure to say Fedex stays close to the same cost per lb. as UPS. When they go up we raise our rates. FedEx usually is a few bucks higher but I try to say you get what you pay for...as far as pkgs coming up missing sometimes pkgs get missorted. I'm sorry but lack of integrity in our people ?....I've been here 14 years and I have never heard anyone even joke of stealing a pkg or its contents. Please send me your tracking numbers on the packages you are missing and I will find out where they are and get back with you asap.

>I work for Fedex Express and
>I hate to hear your
>not getting the service you
>deserve. I'm sorry costs
>have gone up but I
>am sure to say Fedex
>stays close to the same
>cost per lb. as UPS.
> When they go up
>we raise our rates.
>FedEx usually is a few
>bucks higher but I try
>to say you get what
>you pay for...as far as
>pkgs coming up missing sometimes
>pkgs get missorted. I'm sorry
>but lack of integrity in
>our people ?....I've been here
>14 years and I have
>never heard anyone even joke
>of stealing a pkg or
>its contents. Please send
>me your tracking numbers on
>the packages you are missing
>and I will find out
>where they are and get
>back with you asap.

my pakage was delivered to the wrong adress and the people won't give it up, so I have filed a complaint already, friday when i saw thru tracking, the driver was having a problem delivering the package I called to confirm the address and your computers were down, so now today my son goes down to where the pakage was dropped, they gave him the run around!

as far as my wife's issue it under investagation..thanx anyways, I realize not everyone has integraty issue's but over here they do.

I hate to hear that. Yes the courier made a bad judgement call by not verifying that it was indeed the correct address. The people that have the package can expect a visit from the local police dept. since it is a felony to knowingly open and mess with someone's package. Sounds like the courier ( who made the mistake) needs to take reponsibility for his mistake and retrieve the package from where he delivered it and get it to the correct person it belongs to. If it has been opened and things are missing the package is insured to $100.00 by FedEx unless the shipper specified he wanted more insurance. Once again I'm sorry to hear you didn't get the service you deserved especially when we need all the business we can get in today's economy.....Good luck in the future on your pkgs. Keep me in mind and I will do what I can for you.

Answer This. Why is it that last year when gas and fuel went 4.00+ per gallon shipping costs raise accordingly.(I'm ok to raise to cover additional costs). But not fuel is down to? depending where you live, $2.17 (I paid in Grand JCT, Co. today.) Seems to not matter which shipper you use the shipping costs are still escalated. I recently ordered some parts from a national chain for a stove, couldn't weigh more than 2 pounds, standard delivery is $16.00. can any of you help make that cost a little easier to pay without not wanting to buy from them again.

AS RELH POSTED ABOVE!!!

IF YOU CAN USE THE USPS PRIORITY FLAT RATE BOXES YOU WON'T BEAT THE DEAL!!!

THEY HAVE A COUPLE DIFFERENT SHAPED BOXES!!!

THEY HAVE A "LARGE" FLAT RATE BOX THAT AIN'T MUCH BIGGER ALSO!!!

I HAVE SHIPPED AND RECEIVED ITEMS UP AROUND 40-50 POUNDS FOR 10.45 INCLUDING DELIVERY CONFIRMATION!!!

TRY THAT WITH THE OTHERS!!!

I DIDN'T THINK YOU COULD PUT 70 LBS IN ONE OF THOSE BOXES BUT I KNOW A GUY THAT HAD 69 POUNDS OF SLUGS IN ONE!!!

I WISHED THEY HAD A BIGGER BOX AT A SLIGHTLY HIGHER PRICE,SURE WOULD BE HANDY AT TIMES!!!

ALSO,USPS HAS THE FLAT RATE PRIORITY ENVELOPES FOR LIKE 5.00 OR A LITTLE MORE!!!

WHY WOULD YOU SHIP PARCEL POST IF IT WILL FIT IN A FLAT RATE BOX???

BEEN SCREWED BY NEARLY ALL OF THEM!!!

USPS & UPS HAVE BEEN THE BEST IN MY AREA!!!

DHL IS THE JOKE OF THE WORLD!!!

I WILL NEVER EVER LET DHL HAVE THE CHANCE TO BEND ME OVER EVER AGAIN!!!

"I'M NOT COMPLAINING,I'M TELLING IT THE WAY IT IS,SOME OF YOU MAY NOT LIKE IT,THATS O.K.,SOMETIMES THE TRUTH HURTS & YOU HAVE TO ACCEPT IT,OR YOU FIND OUT WHAT THE FACTS ARE,STAND UP & VOICE YOUR OWN OPINION,THIS IS STILL AMERICA THE LAST TIME I CHECKED"!!!

493c3bb236d04499.jpg

REMEMBER!!!

THERE'S ONLY ONE bobcat!!!

And postage for mailing letters etc will go up this coming May 2009 another 2 cents from what I read recently.

Brian

If you take anything from my infanite wisdom................its that USPS > all other shipping companys. I deal softball/baseball stuff and ship everything USPS. Its the only way to go.

Width isnt everything, its the ONLY thing.

you guys are right shipping costs are on the rise....so is everything else. Fred Smith CEO just took a 20% pay reduction, managers on salary a 5% pay reduction and hourly employees no 401k match this year from FedEx. Fedex is trying to keep a job for all their employees. What can you say the economy sucks right now. What I'm saying is FedEx isn't raking you over the coals and making a killing right now. We are trying to stay afloat. Yes I am one who hates to hear when someone doesn't get what they pay for.

75% of the people in the Uinta Basin don't know their physical address....HC 65 Box 99 is not a physical address. Bobcat do you know yours??? Honestly without looking at your drivers license??????? okay so how we supposed to find you if you don't even know where you live???

"I sell allot crap on ebay"

Could we have your ebay user name so we don't buy any of that? :)

Sorry to hear you are having trouble with FedEx.

JUDAS FRICKEN PRIEST!!!

Utahelk1!!!

NO,I GUESS I DON'T KNOW WHERE I LIVE???

WTF???

LET ME SPLAIN SOMETHING TO YOU!!!

UPS & FED-EX DELIVERED TO ME FOR 20+ YEARS TO NOTHING MORE THAN A P.O. BOX NUMBER!!!

WHO SAID I HAD A DRIVERS LICENSE???

GOOD GAWD!!!

EVERYBODY IN THE VALLEY KNOWS WHERE HC 65 BOX 99 IS!!!

GEEZUS!!!

I KNOW WHERE HOME IS!!!

BY THE WAY,WTF GOOD IS AN ADDRESS IF A DELIVERY BOY CAN'T FIND IT???

"I'M NOT COMPLAINING,I'M TELLING IT THE WAY IT IS,SOME OF YOU MAY NOT LIKE IT,THATS O.K.,SOMETIMES THE TRUTH HURTS & YOU HAVE TO ACCEPT IT,OR YOU FIND OUT WHAT THE FACTS ARE,STAND UP & VOICE YOUR OWN OPINION,THIS IS STILL AMERICA THE LAST TIME I CHECKED"!!!

493c3bb236d04499.jpg

REMEMBER!!!

EVERYBODY IN THE VALLEY KNOWS WHERE HC 65 BOX 99 IS!!!

They ought to. Every address in the basin is "Over by Vernal"

Kind of like them Fishlake guys .... Where you from? "Wayne County"

PS ... you got to go all the way to Torrey to buy beer ... Just a heads up!

RUS

You keep it up and they are going to put historic landmark right where you live. Bobcatbessville. Then I won't have to ask for directions to your post office box number! I'll follow the signs....turn here to see where Bobcatbess lives. Please pay gatekeeper for entrance down his lane.

WELL???

DO YOU WANNA HEAR A FED-EX STORY???

493c3bb236d04499.jpg

REMEMBER!!!

okay facts are people out here don't know their physical addresses. FedEx doesn't guarantee shipments shipped to PO BOXES ..Why? Because the PO in that sentence stands for another company "Post Office" or in your case pissed off.

Out here in Cali, FedEx routes are owned and operated by individual parties. I have a friend who owns and delivers two routes. He picks his packages up from the distributership and arranges his own truck. HE is responsible for getting that package to the correct address...not FedEx the company. I know it doesn't really matter much....but that's like blaming Century 21 for a bad experience with Jimbo Lawson, your Realtor that really screwed things up for you. Find out who owns the route and make that individual make it right.

Steve

Last October enroute to eastern Wyoming I snapped this photo of a Fed Ex truck on hwy 80 out of Evanston.
All those "URGENT" packages splattered all over the road.

"When it absolutley, positivley has to be there overnight".

30025014dd6.jpg

LAST EDITED ON Jan-21-09 AT 09:53AM (MST)[p]LAST EDITED ON Jan-21-09 AT 09:51?AM (MST)

How about this story...For over 30 years FedEx and the United Way have worked together to make a difference in people?s lives. FedEx is proud of its long-standing relationship with the United Way. Like FedEx, the United Way is committed to building strong local communities. In 2007, FedEx and our team members gave nearly $16 million to the United Way. We continue our commitment to the United Way through initiatives such as the ?Loaned Executive? program, for which FedEx team members work for the United Way for a three-month period to lend their knowledge and expertise. Our efforts with the United Way go back to 1975. In 2003, we received the Spirit of America Award, which honors a company that exemplifies corporate responsibility
497752466c932bbc.jpg

At FedEx, we are proud of our 290,000 team members around the world. Each and every day, our team members go above and beyond the call of duty. Whether it's rescuing a fellow motorist in need on a flooded road, supporting disaster-relief efforts around the globe, or volunteering time to a local organization, our employees contribute their compassion, time and expertise to help support our local communities.

And what exactly does that have to do with shipping and getting packages delivered to the right address?

Every company has a feel good story, but it doesn't make up for sloppy work.

I've had plenty of bad experiences with FedEx.

"I'll keep my guns, freedom, and money.
You can keep the "change"!"

Utahelk1'

i'm sorry I posted this, i was just pist, the economy is in bad enough shape, i shouldn't of added to it for you and your family, I'm sorry...

Capacity for us at the Memphis Hub (MEM HUB) can be defined two ways. One is the number of boxes we can sort per hour and the other is the number of documents we can sort per hour. We can sort about 325,000 documents (Overnight Letters, Courier Paks) per hour and tonight we will sort close to 900,000 pieces. For boxes, our capacity is 160,000 boxes per hour and tonight our plan is to sort 600,000 boxes. The volume then determines the length of the sort window. Rather than assume everyone knows what happens at a HUB, let me give you a lesson in HUB 101.

The HUB process is divided in three phases: offload, sort and onload.

Offload: the unloading of packages loaded on aircraft that arrive at the HUB. Tonight there was 9.6 million pounds of cargo that had to be offloaded.

Sort: the actual input of packages into our automated sort systems where the packages go through a primary, a secondary and even a tertiary sort before they end up at a build up location for all similar destination packages. Within the walls of our 2.5 million square feet sort complex are over 300 miles of conveyor belts which move the packages from the beginning of the sort process to the final build up location. We even have a group of employees we call "jammers" whose job it is to ensure no jams occur at pinch points that can either "trip" out a belt or cause damage to one of our customers shipments.

Onload: the actual loading of the packages on over 140 aircraft which fly to over 120 destination airports eventually providing service to over 221 countries.

With that many packages we must be getting a couple to the right place on time.

It is truly miraculous that we have shipping and mail delivery systems that we take for granted these days.
I too meant no ill will.
Just felt for those folks with urgent pakages that through no fault of Fed Ex got put in a bind by mother nature.
HH

LAST EDITED ON Jan-21-09 AT 01:08PM (MST)[p]sremin...Its amazing a donor heart or other life
saving organ can be shipped from around the
country and people depend on FedEx to get it
there overnight so at 7:30am a recipient can
go into surgery at the University of Utah for
a better life.......but don't worry we'll send
yours "priority mail"

For what it's worth, I get one fed ex package each week at 11 am thursday morning. It contains my guys paychecks. (I'm too lazy to do payroll myself) I sit here and wait for it every week. Mainly because our fed ex driver is extremely hot. I'll try to get a pic of her tommorrow.

DHL sucks here to.

GO FED EX!!!

HEY CW???

ARE YOU JUST PICKING UP THE CHECKS???

493c3bb236d04499.jpg

REMEMBER!!!

Hey Bobcat!!! I lost the address to the chat room. PM me with it.

Of course I'm just getting the checks. You know I'm happily married...

Besides, when I'm not here, she drops them by my wifes work..

Steve

PS, WAY TO GO FED EX!!!

SURE THING CW!!!

HELL YA I KNOW YOU'RE HAPPILY MARRIED!!!

JUST RAZZIN YOU!!!

493c3bb236d04499.jpg

REMEMBER!!!

Wilson....WILSON!!!!!.....please don't leave me Wilson!

On the serious side I have been fortunate to have never lost any packages from either company except a lot of time UPS will drop our packages off in town(12 miles away) and say they are running late on their schedules. Personally I should get a rebate then from them if I gotta drive in to get the package..FEDEX always delivers to our doorstep.

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom