Beulah

H

Hitchx

LAST EDITED ON Sep-21-09 AT 11:21PM (MST)[p]LAST EDITED ON Sep-21-09 AT 11:19?PM (MST)

Heading for the Beulah unit soon. The official word is numbers are good ,slightly up. The word here(on the forum) is negative.

Reckon I'll find out.

Heading for the southern end of the forested area, looks to be right about the center of the unit.

Took a nice 4 point out of Keating two seasons back.

We were luckey enough to draw Murders Creek 'one elk' tags as well. This fall may prove interesting.

I'll fill ya'all in when I get back.

Take care

H

>was just up there past week
>end saw more deer then
>elk...
Great. We've hunted MurdersCreek , Chessinumnus and Keating with some success . This will be our first venture to Beulah. It looks almost flat in comparison.

Thanx

H

Just got back from 8 days of looking for elk. Defintely more deer than elk seen. Loads of ATVs and hunters opening week, no one we ran into took any elk. The temps were in the 80's and the bulls silent.
We heard some stories of big numbers holed up on private property where we couldn't get permission to hunt.
IMHO, if you have a gun tag, you will get a shot at rutting bulls and the weather will be cooling down, Good luck...

Stop Global Whining

Heading out before daylight. Snow showers in the forecast.

Trucks been loaded since Sunday, cant wait...

Well the camp out was great. The hunting poor. We saw three good bucks opening morning in an early season snow and during heavey hunting Sunday through Saturday we saw a small number of does and just two spikes. I missed and easy shot at one.

The elk were invisible but noisey in the southern portion of the unit. We moved camp to the south limit of the Wilderness area and were seeing about as many deer but heard no elk calls. All the way out to PraireCity and back on Wednesday we failed to see any animals along the road while in the unit, thats at least 60 miles of driving.

Cold for deer season, most days didnt get above the 30s. Watching every truck passing I never saw one with a fresh kill. It will be interesting to learn the official success rate:As this year reporting is mandatory.

Take care

H

My buddy and his group killed 4 nice bucks in the Beuelah! They hunted hard, killed 2 on Thursday, one on Monday and one on Sunday.

Back
Top Bottom