Better Living Opportunity?

slamdunk

I'm 45 years old and have lived in Utah my whole life until almost two years ago when i met a wonderful woman from Idaho Falls, moved up here, got married and now she's got a great career opportunity in Grand Junction Colorado. I've got to admit, IF isn't the best place on the planet to spend winters and good" job opportunities are rare here. I love the state of Colorado (huge Broncos fan anyway) and really like the idea of living there. Scary thing for me is i'm going there without a job until i find something. Anyone have anything good or bad to say about that area? It's got to be better deer hunting than Idaho!!

LAST EDITED ON Aug-28-12 AT 05:39PM (MST)[p]I have no idea... however from what I've seen over the last few years... you'll do fine. Best of luck to you Slam.

P/S... you're just like a big old buck... some doe goes in heat in Idaho & you'll sniff it all the way to Colorado LOL.

Slick

"The Road goes on forever & the Party never Ends"

Well PUNK!

I'm not a big Fan of Grand Junction but that's just me!

The idea of letting her work while you're looking for a job for a few years doesn't sound to bad!:D

Talk to me Bess, what don't you like about it?
I know the deer hunting is better than anything in Tardville or spudville!!

>
>
>+1 to what Slam said.
>
>
>
2311idiot.jpg

You just runned off with some filly to Colorado?

4abc76ff29b26fc1.jpg

Well, I'm jealous, I love Colorado. I say go for it, I'm sure you'll find something to do, if not Obama will take care of you, seriously though, good luck!

Well 45, i haven't been to open with what's been going on and i shut my facebook down, so not even Red knows this but.......i got married last week. I went from losing her to her to marrying her in less than 12 hours.
The company she works for here in Idaho is based out of Grand Junction and is offering her a national position but we have to be in GJ to have it.

If she makes enough for the both of you to live in CO,m you have time to find a job, right? Relax......Momma will take care of you. :)

Steve
Holder of a 2012 LE Utah Deer Tag!!

LMAO, you guys are evil!
I'm not a mooch or riding her coat tails.....i'll either try the business i have here in IF now there, or find something else.
It would be nice to get my unit 71 tags back and start guiding late season deer hunts again and continue guiding elk hunters in Utah ;-)

And yes NV......if it were LA, she'd be going alone.

Go for it dude! I would move to junction, I would look into a small town just out of junction if I were you though.

4b1db2ac644136c4.jpg

Slam you better move and keep her happy! Of course I am just guessing, looking at my recent decisions I am by no means an expert! :)

Why don't you stay in Idaho, let her get a place in Co. and call one of them a vacation retreat, lol. You can have planned visits on the weekends and stay out of trouble that way? :)

>Slam you better move and keep
>her happy! Of course I
>am just guessing, looking at
>my recent decisions I am
>by no means an expert!
>:)
>
>Why don't you stay in Idaho,
>let her get a place
>in Co. and call one
>of them a vacation retreat,
>lol. You can have planned
>visits on the weekends and
>stay out of trouble that
>way? :)

Hmmmmmmm.....i like your way of thinking!! Lol

hmmmmmmmmm. ilike your way of thinking, she wont,,,,take the ride you only got one life,,,,

Best of luck. Worked there couldn't leave fast enough. It will be a fun vacation. Deer and Elk hunting ought to be good. Along ways from nowhere.

Rutnbuck

Slam,

Think about living in Palisade, IMHO it's the best the Grand Valley has got to offer. I'm just south of Palisade on East Orchard Mesa. "Sobre el Rio"

Slam

Get ahold of me if your thinking real seriously about moving here.I have a job oportunity if your interested.

I really can't believe we are discussing towns in Colorado if he won't even put up a Picture of who he is going with! You guys really missed out on this thread! LOL John

LAST EDITED ON Aug-29-12 AT 09:09AM (MST)[p]SO, you're gonna be a kept man. Not a bad gig.

Congrats on the marriage.

BTW, I think you will like GJ. Lots of cool stuff to do there. My brother does land appraisals in the area for an agriculture lending business/bank. If you are gonna buy a bigger chunk of land, let me know.

The HD dealership used to be pretty good, dunno what it is like now. As I recall, it is pretty close to Gene Taylor's sporting goods...an annual stop for me.

DRAFTSTUD.....this is her, me and my daughter after a figure and bikini contest i trained them both on.
If she was worth chasing to Idaho, i can chase her to colorado i suppose.
159.jpg

Junction is basically like just about anywhere else............a matter of positives and negatives. Obviously that ratio all depends on the person. Alot of great communities to land in within easy driving distance of GJ proper as far as a work "commute" goes. 4 hour drive to great fishing at lake powell to the west and a 4hr drive east to metro Denver with just about anything one could want in between. Can't beat the easy opportunities to hunt every year in the area from predators to birds to mulies and elk. And despite what some might say if you live there and have the time to go scout there are bulls/bucks available in most OTC/low or no points units/hunts that are as big or bigger than the average bull/buck harvested on most LE hunts. Just a matter of taking the time to find them and making it a priority to hunt them without settling for a dink. Unfortunately I had to make the choice to follow my gal to the Denver area or I would still call the Grand Valley my home. As for continuing the business you are in down there.............I think you would find that is a very viable possibility. Nothing derogatory from me regarding the picture of your "better half"...........I'd follow her too if I were you.
As for elk............I have seen bulls that I'm confident even you would drop the hammer on in several OTC units around that area. I simply haven't made it a priority to go chase 'em or was too busy guiding other hunters elsewhere. Good luck with your potential move slamdunk.

>Please respect the pic of my
>wife and daughter or i'll
>nuke it with the first
>derogatory post.......
>
>
>

You look frickin HOT slam!

>>Please respect the pic of my
>>wife and daughter or i'll
>>nuke it with the first
>>derogatory post.......
>>
>>
>>
>
>You look frickin HOT slam!

Carl, with your good looks and mine, we could rule the world!!
Well, maybe just rule the clubhouse :p

I was raised in Delta and still have gobs of relatives strung out from there to GJ to Cedaredge. I would love to get back, but that whole work thing keeps me on the Front Range. It's an awesome place to live, albeit a little backwards. Follow her there (congrats BTW) and start scouting some real deer. Good luck.

Hey PUNK!!!

You ever considered me as a SIL?:D

Now I may be older than you but not old enough to be your Daddy,just your SIL!:D:D:D

Now why the heck would he want to do that when he could have me as a SIL!!!! And I am very Charming! Hell I would even move to GJ and I can't stand that place! Slammy you have a lot to be proud of. Congrats man I would go to GJ also.
9/28/ Bess

Rutnbuck

Slammy, congrats on getting married brotha!! I'm way happy for you two!! I tried to call to see if you wanted to grab a beer on my way thru Idaho Falls the other day...hope I didn't interupt anything that mighta been going on :D

Now you just gotta figure out how to kill as giant of elks as elkass and you'll be the coolest kid in any town you move too!!

~Z~

Lol....you guys are the best, like family to me in a weird way!
Sorry Z-man, i'll be here till January, lets tip a few over for sure!!
Bess, i know your not far from GJ, i'll need some help draggin some muleys back to the V-9!!

I wondered where you went, Well what a way to find out, but Congrats anyway, I hope the best for you and your new wife, best of luck getting a job. Take care

>I wondered where you went, Well
>what a way to find
>out, but Congrats anyway, I
>hope the best for you
>and your new wife, best
>of luck getting a job.
>Take care
Thanks Red, i'll be back on FB in a while, i needed a break from it.

A change of scenery has always been good for me. I think you should give it a try. I'm happy for you, brother!

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom