Best/Worst voices in music

D

DeerKing

Who has or had the best and worst voices in music, any style.
Best: Joe Elliot from Def Leppard, Jack Russell from Great White
Worst: Bob Dylan, Neil Young and Yoko Ono

And: Chris Cornell, his voice and music kicks butt. Ratt was awesome. Another one that kicks butt: James Hetfield/Metallica, you can't go wrong with these bands! I would second the boy bands ?They Suck?!!! I can't stand Madona!

LAST EDITED ON Dec-18-03 AT 12:33PM (MST)[p]Worst: I'd have to agree w/ Neil Young.

Best: Shania, OK, maybe I wasn't thinkin about her voice. But she does have one of the better you know whats in music. And hell, I'd even let her sing to me while -----, well. Never mind that too...

PS: Metallica Rules... Ya, ya...

I will agree with Allison Krauss as the best.

Worst: I would have to say, hands down, Joe Cocker!

Rut

Michael Bolton and Joe Cocker would be tied in my book! They fall into the catagory of leg-caught-in-a-bear-trap-voice.

LAST EDITED ON Dec-18-03 AT 01:34PM (MST)[p]Best:Rob Halford (Judas Priest), Randy Travis, Clint Black,David Lee Roth, Klaus Meine(Scorpions), Barry Manilow (oops), Martina Mc Bride.

Worst: Joe Cocker (Cocker, hell, I hardly know er!), Dylan, Shania (sorry guys if she didnt have that face and bod going for her she would be singing in a Ramada Inn near you!) Any of the Beatles, Kevin Dubro (Quiet Riot), Vince Neil(Motley Cr?e)(I love em but it is painful to listed sometimes),John Anderson and last but not least... Geddy Lee (Rush)!!!

Eric
Bird-01.gif
075313.gif

costumed-smiley-024.gif

Life long "vagitarian"
la.gif

Leave it to Polarbear to come up with some good ones. Gotta agree with Joe Cocker and Geddy Lee as two of the worst.

The worst in the music industry is Michael Jackson, oh by the way he was charged with: -- Michael Jackson charged with seven counts of child molestation and two other counts of administering an intoxicating agent to a minor to commit a felony. Watch live coverage of District Attorney Tom Sneddon's news conference on CNN TV or CNN.com. Watch CNN or log on to http://CNN.com (AOL Keyword: CNN) for the latest news.

Plus he scares the Hell out of me, I would rather run into a mean hungry Grizzly Bear then him.

Howdy,

DeerKing, you probably don't know it, but you have asked the most loaded question that could possibly be asked on this forum!

As for the absolute best voices.... and I quote you..."any style" the best two are my wife Ruthie, and Placido Domingo. Luciano Pavarotti was up there for a long time, but Father Time has finally caught up with him. As for Ruthie, she has the credentials to prove my statement with tours of Europe, Carnegie Hall, etc. Hey, for that matter, so do I!!!!

Worst possible voice, one of the kids that sang a solo at my concert this afternoon. Hooooooeeeeee, that sounded like a mesquite thorn scratching a tin roof! Remember how you cringed when the teacher accidently rubbed their fingernail on the chalk board? I bet I'm the only choir teaching, track coaching, mule deer hunting guy in this whole state!

Coach

LETS SEE

THE BEST PATTY LOVELESS,SHE WOULDN'T BE LOVELESS IF SHE WAS AROUND ME!!!

THE 2ND BEST(I DISAGREE WITH PolarBear JUST ONCE)SHANIA 'SWEET' TWAIN!!!

I WONDER IF EITHER ONE OF THEM LIKE TO HUNT???OH,I'M JUST DREAMING AGAIN!!!

AND YA,I'M LISTENING TO HER,SHE JUST AIN'T HEARING WHAT I'M THINKING!!!

THE WORST GOES TO THE CHIXIE PICKS HANDS DOWN!!!

THE ONLY bobcat THINKING:NO OFFENSE HANK JR. BUT WE'VE GOT TO MOVE YOU DOWN TO THIRD PLACE!!!

Isn't this kind of like the best /worst truck question??

Best: Allan Jackson
Worst: (I"ll probably be tarred for this one) Willie Nelson

Best: Faith Hill, Luciano Pavarotti, the front man for Whitesnake, Martina McBride, David Lee Roth, Linda Ronstadt

Worst: Bon Scott, Mick Jagger, Geddy Lee, Rod Stewart, Willie Nelson, Jon Anderson, Kim Cairnes, the bimbo from Missing Persons

*Speaking of Michael Jackson, I heard that McDonald's has a new burger out called the McJackson. Anybody else hear this?

Cooter
You didn't like Kim Cairnes singing Betty Davis Eyes? I'm getting aroused just thinking about her raspy voice. That was hot!

Tell us about the McJackson....I'll bite

Cooter
That would be David Coverdale from Whitesnake. I thought that you liked Bon Scott.
I forgot a few!
Best: Ronnie Jame Dio, Ian (Lemmy) Kilmister (Motorhead) Haaahaa... Udo Dirkschneider(sp)(Accept) I agree with Poverati! I know that it sounds gay but Poverati makes the hair stand up on my neck, but not in one of those homo kind of ways!

Worst: Janie Layne (was it Warrant?)Brett Michaels, (Poison?), Neil Sadaka (what a fag!), Britney Spears (another one that should be working as a stripper instead of singing!),Ricky Martin (what a fag!),and how about.... Robert Plant!

Eric

Worst:
Bird-01.gif
075313.gif

costumed-smiley-024.gif

Life long "vagitarian"
la.gif

Cooter if you're putting Faith Hill at the top I'll put Tim McGraw at the bottom.
McJackson - a 40 year old piece of meat between two 6 year old buns...
I didn't make it up, I just knew the answer.

Does the McJackson come in a happy meal? Does it have "special sauce,extra "pickle", sesame seed "buns",small fries, and a "tossed salad" on the side? How about a "King of pop", pop?
Eric
Bird-01.gif
075313.gif

costumed-smiley-024.gif

Life long "vagitarian"
la.gif

Ughhhh... HAHAHa

Best-Male~ Don Henley, Eddie Vedder, Chris Cornell, Scott Stapp, Rich Mullins

Female~ Sara McLaughlin, Indigo Girls,

Worst- Tom Petty, Bob Dylan, Roseanne Barr

Thanks for the Happy Meal info, PB. Knowing your musical past, this thread was just destined for some good old fashioned Polarbear
critique.

Don't forget about your favorites either: David Soul, Donnie Iris, Andrea True Connection, the Thompson Twins and Parliament Funkadelic. You're a real hoot, PB.

Coot

I can't believe no one has mentioned the "King" (Elvis) as the best voice in Music...well he WAS the best.

The worst voice is Rod Stewart.

I would have to say the best voices in music are
Rodney Carington, ans Elvis.

The worst are the chixie dixs !!!!!!!!!!

Best Rock Voice-Paul Rodgers of Bad Company. Not my favorite but a great band and that guy can sing with fantastic range.

Female Voice- Hands down Sarah Mclachlan. Even if you don't like her music, her voice can give you goosebumps. Stunning range.

This is best voice. Not favorite hair band of the 80's post right?

Worst voice, video and song of the last 20 years..............
Men Without Hats Safety Dance Song

Sad to say its a couple of fags, Freddy mercury, Rob halford, Then theres david bowie.
Worst, Bruce springsteen, bob dylan, any rap artist.

>
>kind of ways!
>
>Worst: Janie Layne (was it Warrant?)Brett
>Michaels, (Poison?), Neil Sadaka (what
>a fag!), Britney Spears (another
>one that should be working
>as a stripper instead of
>singing!),Ricky Martin (what a fag!),and
>how about.... Robert Plant!
>

DUDE whats wrong with robert plant??

Have you noticed that they dont refer to Rap guys as musicians? They are refered to as "Rap Artists". That is because you dont have to have any talent to be an artist and you do to be a true musician! Art can be so abstract that even a piece of crap can be concidered art. Hence, Rap. Rap is crap, just mispelled!
Oh, as far as Robert Plant..... I think that he has a sh!tty voice but is a very tallented artist. Haahaaaaaaa...:D Listen to Kashmere and count how many times he goes off key and his voice cracks. Haaaahaaa..
Eric
Bird-01.gif
075313.gif

costumed-smiley-024.gif

Life long "vagitarian"
la.gif

Yo homie.........know whad I'm sayin' ya know? Hangin' low with Flavor Flav and the rest of the posse' ain't killin' ya, know whad I'm sayin'? That's whad I'm talkin' 'bout. Cut wit da Rap bashin'
o I's gonna cap your white polarbear cracker a$$.......know whad I'm sayin dawg?

Sup stoopid phfresh? Dont be dissin' mies peeps dwag! Or elses I's gonna' blap blap 2 caps in da hat! Yo dawg? Know whuts I's sayin, playah? Yoo know, I's gonna bees slammin a fo-tee an blap blap! An den I's gonna gets freeky wit yo momma! Dats rite playah! Nockin bootz wit yo ode laydee! I's bees berryin my gold teefies in yo mommas expealidocious booty! Yea, hoos yo daddy now chump?
Eric
Bird-01.gif
075313.gif

costumed-smiley-024.gif

Life long "vagitarian"
la.gif

BEST MALE: Gary Morris
BEST FEMALE: Tie, Martina McBride and Leanne Rimes

WORST MALE: Willie Nelson
WORST FEMALE: Tie, Roseanne Barr and Kathie Gifford

Got to give my lady with the red hair (Tori Amos) some props. And I am suprised to see some guys with taste on here. Eddie Vedder doesn't sing very well, but I love him. Chris Cornell is spectacular (listen to sunshower), even though he has gone raspy for audioslave. Another notable the beautiful Sheryl Crow.

Bono has got to be one of the worst. Perry Ferrel could also skin a cat with his voice (even though Janes Addiction is AWESOME). Offspring's lead singer's Mom should have had an abortion.

Did anyone see Rod Stewart do his Sinatra impression at that awards show about 2 months ago? MADE ME PUKE! Rod Stewart needs to disappear (maybe we could bury Micheal Stipe along side of him!)

Oh, and for all of you Shania, Faith, and Martina fans COUNTRY MUSIC CAUSES CANCER!!!

smalls

smalls

YOU JUST KEEP WATCHING AND LISTENING TO ROD STEWART,US COUNTRY BOY'S CAN FIND A BETTER REASON TO PUKE,SHANIA,FAITH AND MARTINA HAVE NOT CAUSED ME TO PUKE YET!!!

THE CHIXIE PICKS ARE THE ONLY COUNTRY SINGERS THAT HAVE MADE ME PUKE SO FAR,AND YES I PUKE EVERY TIME I HEAR THEM,THE SECOND I HEAR THEM I SHUT THE RADIO OFF,BUT IT STILL MAKES ME PUKE,I HOPE THEIR ACTIONS HAVE EFFECTED THEIR POCKET BOOKS!!!

THE ONLY bobcat NOT LISTENING TO THEM LOWLIFE CHICKS!!!

LAST EDITED ON Dec-24-03 AT 11:31AM (MST)[p]Best:
Elvis
Merle Haggard(my all time favorite)
Willie Nelson
Povaratti
The queer from Queen was awesome
Dave Matthews
Don Henley
Sheryl Crow
Martina McBride

Worst:
The Bettles
Any Boy Band
Rappers
Allison Krause(Sorry)I hate bluegrass
I love the Stones but McJagger sucks
Oh yea, I really suck

Thats my answer, actually I could go on all day!

best: Reba
Martina Mcbride
Dierks Bently
Lonestar
Ted Nugent(my hero)

Worst:Backstreet Boys
Nsync
Briney Spears
Tim Mcgraw

Later Yall!!!!
mule-deer.gif

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos