Best & Worst Kid's Shows

BCBOY

Long Time Member
I know there are many parents out there in MonsterMuley land with young ones. And if you are like me you have seen many kid's shows many many times. What are the ones that you can actually handle without going insaine and which ones drive you off the deep end?
My favorite childern's movie right now would have to be Spirit: Stallion Of The Cimarron. I took my daughter to it in the theatre last year for her birthday. This was her first movie in a theatre and her eyes were huge when she saw the herd of bison stampeding towards her. The soundtrack is awesome! But being a BCBOY I've biased towards Bryan Adams. My daughter now has the video and she watches it alot. It is one show I can actually stand to see many times.
My worst is Milo and Otis. My kids love it and I hate it. My mother actually owns it and I keep bring it back to her house but the kids keep finding it and bringing it back home.

You came to the right guy on this one. I can help ya on TV shows.

Tolerable:
Sesame Street
Berenstain Bears
Between the Lions
Anything on Disney Channel

Haven't decided yet:
George Shrinks
Cauoi

Not in my house:
Dragon Tales
Barney
Sagwa
Mr. Rogers
Arthur

My little nieces love SpongeBob SquarePants. Seems like a pretty good kids show but anything with a purple starfish makes me wonder. I can't stand Barney.

LAST EDITED ON Dec-22-03 AT 12:05PM (MST)[p]I'll second Sponge Bob. Also Rolie Polie Olie and animal planet.
What I cannot stand and will turn off immediately is Barney, Dragon Tales, Rugrats and that go**amn Majic f-ing School Bus!!!!
By the way, purple starfish are ok, just look out for the "chocolate starfish"! Haaaahaaa..
I am getting tired of Disney portraying wild animals as having humanoid emotions and feelings. It is giving the kids the wrong idea and giving PETA more pull on kids. It all started with Snow White and Bambi. Bambi told the kids that hunter were evil death machines and that all critters in the wild live harmoniously with each other. My kids watch Bambi and instead of feeling sad for some of the critters, they say, "shoot a big buck like Bambi's dad this year daddy"! Ya gotta love those little turds! Haahaaa..
Eric
Bird-01.gif
075313.gif

costumed-smiley-024.gif

Life long "vagitarian"
la.gif

I really can't stand High Five. The songs and the singing drive me insaine. They get in your head and stay in there all day. It sucks to be glassing a hill and have some stupid High Five song stuck in your head.
I'm really glad my kids are now beyond Caillou and Teletubbies and they never did like that damn purple dinosaur. Thank God!

My kids have discovered the Looney Tunes. I like that. Brings back a lot of childhood memories. Can't beat Elmer Fudd and the gang.

Spongebob ROCKS!!!!!! I love that show.

My 2 kids are spoiled rotten, think they got something like 90 DVDs. I may as well use them as coasters, cuz only 2 of them get watched: Barbi the nutcracker and Barbi rapunzel. I am close to putting a gun to my head from watching these crappy toons.

Not in my house:
Wiggles - singing faggots is right
caliou - singing faggot to be
teletubbies - there ought to be a season for them
Barney - I think I know why dinosaurs are extict now - they were all gay.

Hands down the best kids show (for the kids) is Blues Clues. Entertaining and educational. And not completely annoying for us parents like barney and the teletubbies. My daughter likes Dora the Explorer, but we stopped watching it because I was noticing some hidden liberal messages that I didn't want to influence her.

I used to hate Spongebob but after watching it a couple times I think I like it more than my kids do.

Without a doubt the worst has to be the Wiggles. It looks like they just got beamed down off the Enterprise. Sorry if there's any Treky's out there. Where is their pride?

My son and I will watch Spongebob, Patrick makes that show, we have a Looneytunes dvd and I watch that as much as the boy. I would say that the Wiggles and Rolie-Polie-Olie are on the DO-NOT-WATCH list.

Kory,

It's good you stay home with the boy some Saturdays and not spend them all with me.

What is up with half the Cartoons now days, some are whacked out.

Fairly Odd Parents is bearable enough to watch, I really get sick of Yu-Gi-Oh though and Pokemon!

My daughter really likes Willy wonka, scoobie doo the movie and finding nemo. I can tolerate and actually like Finding Nemo and Spirit. I always said there would be no Barney in my house, but when I saw that my daughter could sit there for half a hour speechless and give me and mamma some time, hell, I am all for it.

Another good kid's movie is Monsters Inc. Pretty funny! John Goodman and Billy Crystal do an excellant job. I have to say that Finding Nemo is damn funny too.

Another one I can't stand, Bear in the Big Blue House. Friggin' I could just choke that high-pitched mouse. It's like hearing someone scraping a chalkboard with their fingernails.

"sniffsniffsniffsniffsniffsniff, What's that smell? sniffsniffsniff, It's you!?" That was always a favorite part.
You mean you don't like Tutter! The purple otters were always good for a laugh. We had the Bear in the Big Blue house phase for a while but then my boy moveed over to Nickelodeon.

My girls use to love watching the Outdoor Channel with me. There favorite was that mongoloid Ted Nugent. They, like most of us, hated Gold, gold, gold, fee,vaahhh, vaaahh..vaahhh.... I agree witn the Monsters Inc. Nemo and Ice Age!
Eric
Bird-01.gif
075313.gif

costumed-smiley-024.gif

Life long "vagitarian"
la.gif

fruit salad, yummy yummy, fruit salad yummy yummy, yummy yummy yummy yummy fruit salad. Whats wrong with Capt. Feathersword and the wiggs? I like spongebob too.

Blues clues-NO f-ing way. The first guy that was on the show killed himself because of insanity from talking to cartoons that WERE NOT THERE! I would go insane too if I talked to a cartoon dog that was never there, and asked imaginary people questions.

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom