Best wolf hunt method?

R

robar

Season starts 1 Sep!

Will it be best to wait till Nov when the hides are good or shoot one in Sep before the tree huggers stop the hunt in court?

Also, what is the best way to get a good look at one? Coyote call, fawn bleat, coyote howler? All non-electric of course.

Good luck to All!

dress up like a cow elk. shouldn't have any problems getting a wolf to come in. watch out for arrows, tho

I agree with whaffner, I've found "hootchie-Mamma's" and "Hot Lips" to work great, mostly in the higher elevations N.E. of Riggins, They usually work best though during the spring when the calves are dropping and work it a couple of times like a coyote call. I'd shoot one quick though, last one I saw was last weekend, big black one of course no tag no season yet and he was starting to get his winter undercoat but he took off while I was trying to get the camera out so sorry no picks. the hidden field near old and new florence and up wind river pack trail are good especially up by black butte. For the more relaxfull/laid back hunter there is always Hazard Creek and Hazard Lake. Good Luck, kill the meanest one you see, and if you soot more than one I won't tell ; )

I plan on hanging around the fringes of the larger elk herds that are making the most noise. Remember the only good wolf is a dead wolf.

"if you shoot more then one i won't tell" - are you kidding me? way to add fuel to the fire. here we are just getting the chance to hunt these animals and we make jokes about poaching. let's try not to help their cause of putting wolves back on the list.

Patience- didnt mean to upset any one just a joke due to no sympathy for the devilish creatures I tried to edit my post and it was denied same with deleting it. my apologies and good luck

I just bought my tag and am headin to Idaho to get my wolf. My .22 is loaded and ready to go. Last thing I did was pull out my "anatamoy of the wolf book" to find out where the vitals on a wolf are. I printed a page to remind me where to shoot. I thought I'd post it to help you guys out. Good luck and don't forget to take this anatomy pic with you so you are sure to make a good shot!

4aa0ab0a604413bd.jpg

4a9df39b7d637eb0.jpg

silly liberals, paychecks are for workers!

Patience, do you live in ada county???? Did I work at Micron with you once upon a time. Those were some of the most politically correct bunnylovers I ever met. Never heard of poaching a fish until I started work at Micron. Boy, those were some strange folks.

4a9df39b7d637eb0.jpg

silly liberals, paychecks are for workers!

Patience- I couldn't agree with you more. The anti's are pretty resourceful and will most likely use anything we say against us. Didn't Wyoming have season for a while until the anti's shut it down.

I heard that the guy who killed the first wolf was getting death threats. I hope that is true because it will make the anti's look like the radical lunatics that we know they are. Also, hopefully it will make anyone who kills a wolf want to remain unknown and out of the newspapers. We are doing a service for the elk deer and moose, and the less people know about it the more sucessful the service will be.

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos

Idaho Hunting Guides & Outfitters

Bearpaw Outfitters

Idaho Deer & Elk Allocation Tags, Plus Bear, Bison, Lion, Moose, Turkey and Montana Prairie Dogs.

Urge 2 Hunt

We focus on trophy elk, mule deer, whitetail, bear, lion and wolf hunts and spend hundreds of hours scouting.

Jokers Wild Outdoors

Trophy elk, whitetail, mule deer, antelope, bear and moose hunts. 35k acres of private land.

Back
Top Bottom