Best Tripod for an 80mm Spotting Scope without breaking the bank?

U

utaz

Can anyone provide me a few names of tripods that work well for an 80mm angled spotting scope? I've heard of the Outdoorsman...are there any other that don't break the bank but are easy to pan with and stable enough for such a large scope?

Thanks Utaz

There are many manufacturers out there to choose from that will fit that goal. Manfrotto, Vanguard, Vortex and SLIK just to name a few. Check ebay and the internet and you will find some good pricing.

Witht he 80mm i will be hunting close to a truck on hillsides...most likely won't be packing this one too far. Is the vortex high country good for larger scopes?

Utaz

I have been looking for larger tripod as of late. I have been useing a smaller tripod that fits in my pack. It not stable in the wind.
So I have been thinking about the Vortex CBX 128 kit. It is a carbon fiber unit with a microfluid head. Anyone use one of these. It list for 398.00
I bought some vortex binos for one of my boys for xmas last year and we are likeing them .
Anyone elese likeing the vortex optics ? There tripod skyline ed and there camera adapter look kinda cool to .

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom