Best tripod for $150

Wiszard

Long Time Member
Looking to buy a tripod to spend lots of time behind this year. Don't want to spend a ton of $$ but want something that will last and not tip over in the wind. I'm not a guy who needs the best of the best....just something to get the job done. Thanks!

Cancer doesn't discriminate...don't take your good health for granted because it can be gone in a heartbeat. Please go back and read the last line. This time really understand what it says.

Steve, the last one i bought, i called Cameraland and talked to a rep there, told him of what i was looking for and what i had to spend. I ended up paying less than half what i expected to pay for a decent one and his hands on experience with all the different units was invaluable.

Good luck with it!

Joey

Keep your slimy Paws Off My, Yours, Our,.. Public Land!!!

Vanguard 233 AO. Buy an extra quick release plate. Both will be under $130.....solid tripod.

I will be using a BassPro gift card so I'll need to purchase a brand that they supply....just FYI.

Thanks for the info so far!

Cancer doesn't discriminate...don't take your good health for granted because it can be gone in a heartbeat. Please go back and read the last line. This time really understand what it says.

LAST EDITED ON May-14-16 AT 02:24PM (MST)[p]LAST EDITED ON May-14-16 AT 02:22?PM (MST)

Bogen Manfrotto tripod is what I like the best for a big set of Bino or Scope, added bonus it will take a Gunclaw vise with rifle and sit on it pretty steady. Found mine pretty good prices on Ebay, Half the price of new. Can't tell ya if Basspro carry them.

"I have found if you go the extra mile it's Never crowded".
>[Font][Font color = "green"]Life member of
>the MM green signature club.[font/]

I also use a Manfrotto.
Mine is very light,but still can be used standing.
I use my spotter,binos,and shooting Y-yoke on it.

I'm not sure if she's related but she said she knew of him. I had to take the chance though.....a $100 gift card for $15? Can't pass a deal like that.

I'll check out the manfrottos but I think they're expensive if I remember correctly.

That's why e-bay is your friend for getting a used one.
Last one I got I paid $130 with head and legs.

"I have found if you go the extra mile it's Never crowded".
>[Font][Font color = "green"]Life member of
>the MM green signature club.[font/]

I'd use that technique only if Ms October was my hunting partner. :)

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom