Best time to buy gun at Cabelas?

DonVathome

Very Active Member
What is a good tiime to buy a gun at Cabelas? I have enough points to get what I want with a good sale/offer/discount etc.

Thanks!

The Cabela's web sight has the store sale flyers listed and all the stores might not have the same sales so you need to look at the store you plan to go to.

Like all stores the items in the sale paper might be on sale and they might be regular price.

The store closest to me doesn't have much on sale right now. They had a lot more guns on sale in the fall. These sales usually last two to four weeks but sometimes they just have weekend or Fathers Day sales.

And since the gun counter gets pretty crowded on weekends 1:00pm to 3:00pm on Tuesday would be a good time.

a couple times a year I get a coupon good for a lot if you spend a lot (like over $500). I would wait for one of those, and use it too.

It sticks in my mind that those "spend lots" promotions often exclude guns.
I think the problem might also be finding the caliber and model you want and finding it on sale. Good luck though. It is always fun to have a new gun to tinker with!

It depends on what you are wanting to buy. For example there is usually some pretty good deals to be had just before the big game seasons. If your looking for a hunting rifle.

Most of the time the rifles offered in an ad are Remington or Savage low end rifles or Weatherby Vanguard. The good stuff rarely gets featured and when it does its usually restricted to a few calibers and most of those are the less popular.

The way I see it, you're buying it with points, so you've already paid for it. Go get the gun you want and ask for the department manager. He does have the ability to make price adjustments and will, if you choose a rifle with a better margin (ie higher price). I would go during the week when there is no ad in the gun department as they will be looking to make their sales goals. During an ad cycle, they are buried and have no incentive to wheel and deal.

About a week before Sandy Hook. Doubt there will be any "deals" for awhile.

txhunter58

venor, ergo sum (I hunt, therefore I am)

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom