best spotting scope under $250.00?

W

wheatja114

Can't afford paying $1500.00 & up for the good stuff plus I would never use or need one in Va. to hunt whitetails with. Going out west this fall & was wondering do I even need one for mule deer hunting & if so what will give me the most bang for my "few" dollars I'm willing to send? Thanks guys.

Haven't looked through the Elite but +1 on the Nikon XL!!

http://i206.photobucket.com/albums/bb37/Feleno/zFix.jpg[/IMG] ~Z~

LAST EDITED ON Apr-02-11 AT 02:14AM (MST)[p]depends where you will be hunting if a scope is neeed, hunting mulies can put you into some wide open country and a scope will save what feels like hundreds of miles on your boots. You might want to look into renting some higher quality optics as it will make a difference. You will need a good bino in 7x to 10x and a scope out to 35x or better. Some guys just use one optic a 15x bino I can see the reasoning. I am using a 10x43 ZR ED and am *always* wanting at least double the magnification. I am switching over to an alpha 8x32 bino and a 45x scope. I can't tell you how many times I see the deer and they are just beyond the 10x range for good identification but I have rapidly aging eyes. To each his own, but one constant is the higher quality glass does make the difference and can make or break the hunt.
I looked at outdoordan's optic rentals do it get the ED glass.
You won't be sorry, go with the binos (I use that model they are excellent) and a spotter, chose smaller spotter if you will be walking way back into the boonies. If not venturing too far or if you are in pristine physical condition the larger spotter will be very, very nice. You will see those deer at dawn and will need to follow them into the dense bush from more than a mile away.

Check out Alpen Optics,great glass for the $.Cameraland and Optics Planet are good sources for deals.

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos

Great Deals at Camera Land

Camera Land - Optics, Cameras, & More

Camera Land - The Place to Buy Optics

Camera Land - The Place to Buy Optics
Back
Top Bottom