Best spotter under $500

R

Reloder22

I need a new spotting scope. I don't have a lot to spend. My brother has a Vortex skyline that seems like a nice scope, but I would like something smaller. I am thinking about the new Viper spotter in the 15-45x65. Does anyone have one? or any suggestions on other scopes. Thanks

personally I was not that impressed with the price oriented Viper scopes. Last year I picked up a Brunton 20x45-60 for about four bills to my door. REI had it priced for 650 but got it on line for less. It has many of the features you find on $1k glass including HD Floro glass, I have been very happy with it. Thought it had a better image than others in the price range (nikon, burris, bushnell, sequoia, viper, etc).

the one thing about it is it does get to be gray cast at dark45 plus, on high power. But I think it is more a function of the 60mm objective. put it side by side with a Zeiss, there was a sleight difference but it held its own.

Hope this gives another option-

If your willing to spend another 100.00 to 150.00 I would recomend a Pentax PF-20x60x65 ED II Angled I bought one last year for 593.00. I just checked and they are selling them for 658.95, when i bought mine they had a code to get another 10% off, they normally sell for around 900.00. I like the size it is small enough that it doesn't take up much room in my backpack if you want to know where I got it let me know.

For an excellent quality compact spotter you may wish to take a look at the Minox MD-62 with 20-45x zoom eyepiece. We are running open box specials for MM members @ only $399.99, which is half off the regular selling price. This is an excellent scope you will really enjoy using

If there is anything else that I can assist you with please let me know.
Doug
Camera Land
212-753-5128
[email protected]
www.cameralandny.com

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos

Great Deals at Camera Land

Camera Land - Optics, Cameras, & More

Camera Land - The Place to Buy Optics

Camera Land - The Place to Buy Optics
Back
Top Bottom