Best Spotter for 600$

bayside

I'm looking to spend about 600$ on a new spotting scope, and just wanted some input on what's the best bang for my buck. I would love HD, and atleast 60mm but don't know if I can afford it. Let me know what you think. Thanks guys.

That's a tough one, given what you want and the price you can work with. From my experiences in optics reviews and evaluations I'd have to then go with the Nikon ProStaff scope for around $400. Decent optical performance (especially for the price) and quite durable.

Look at the Vortex Skyline 20-60x80, it is under $600. I think it is one of the best scopes for the money.

Haven't looked through the Vortex but I am not impressed with the Nikon Prostaff personally. I would look at Pentax ED series I think you can get the 60 mm objective for around the price point you are searching, I have the 80 mm and am happy with it.

Bill

Agreed, but the $600 budget is the sticking point. If you can expand your budget to $900 that opens up a whole new world of possibilities that can meet the performance you might want. If you can't spend that money right now, I might hold off, save up, and buy something nice, instead of settling. I'd hate for you to have regrets in a year or 2.

Whoa just looked up the Pentax ED on cameraland and they have gone up I got my 80mm 4 years ago for $900 or a bit more and the 60mm at the time was $650 I think but I may be off as I was interested in the 80mm only.

I agree completely with what WYGriz said above especially the part about maybe raising your price point to $900 or so and the options will open up a bit more and you will be alot happier with the choices you have.

JMHO

Bill

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos

Great Deals at Camera Land

Camera Land - Optics, Cameras, & More

Camera Land - The Place to Buy Optics

Camera Land - The Place to Buy Optics
Back
Top Bottom