best scope under $300

T

trueblu

LAST EDITED ON Oct-13-06 AT 12:33PM (MST)[p]hey there,
i was hoping to get your alls opinion on what you think the best scope is for under 300 dollars. even two hundred would be good. are tasco, bushnell, bsa,simmons, barska and scopes like that just junk or what. probably would want to put on a .243 for yotes and deer. thanks

Leupold VX-II 2-7x33 for $299. Perfect scope for your purpose. If you want to spend a lot less try the Weaver K4 or K6 for around $125.

I've got a Burris Fullfield that has had to be repaired twice. Won't ever buy another one. Leupold ONLY! Any model, hands down.
Scott/couesbitten

LAST EDITED ON Oct-14-06 AT 05:19AM (MST)[p]thanks for the replies. sounds like most everybody is sold on the leupold. i'm sure that they are nice but they are a little spendy for me. what about nikon, some have said some good things about them. also, does anybody have some experience with a sightron scope. they got a couple in the price range just dont want to waste it if theyre no good. thanks again

The Leupold VXII 3-9 or 2-7 fits your under-300 bill, for $299. The VXII is comparable to the older Vari-X III.

Maybe consider the Weaver Grand Slam for under 300 also.

RR

Check out the Pentax Gameseeker or Pentax Pioneers. Good quality, great optics and a lifetime no fault warranty. Please feel free to give me a call to discuss it.
If there is anything else that I can assist you with please let me know.
Doug
Camera Land
212-753-5128
[email protected]

If you will check Ebay, You can pick up a good used Leupold for under $300. I picked up a VXII 4-12 for $300. You can get a 3-9 for less. You can pick up a Burris Fullfield (Not a Fullfield II) 3-9 for around $100. For a 243 for Coyotes you can get a Burris Signature 6-18 used for around $300. Keep in mind the warranty on the Leupold. Lifetime no matter where you bought it. If it says Leupold on it, They will stand behind it!

I don't normally buy used optics but in the case of Leupold I make an exception.

IMO the best bang for your buck as far as new scopes go is the Weaver Grandslam. To me its pretty much on the level as the VX III, and costs half as much.

For a $100-125 jober, I think I'd also get a Weaver, for a $200 jobber, I'd look at a Leupold VX 1, or used Vari x 2, for $300 I'd go with a VX 2 or used Vari x 3 or VX3..., but on the other hand you can get a Grandslam for $50 less and have just as good or better glass...

Its really a tough choice. Leupold has the best warrenty in the business, but OTOH, I think that the Grandslam scopes are much nicer at considerably less.

Take a close look at the Sightron SII series. I've looked at them in the stores with the Burris Signature Select and the VX3s and the edge to edge sharpness was the same. Obviously, in the stores, the light was good.

I've read nothing but good things about them, and their warranty is as good and in some cases better than Leupold. From what I understand, not only will they replace your scope if you have a problem, you can take them back to the store you got it from and the store is supposed to just hand you a brand new one, and the store deals with Sightron. They've only been around for 12 years or so, but they're making a name for themselves pretty quickly.

I've also heard good things about the Weaver Grand Slams.

WH

I'm a Nikon guy, I've got the Monarch on all my guns and like them better than the Leupold. You can find them for $240 or so on ebay new or do what I do and wait for Cabelas to do another members promo and get $70 off a $300 scope. They have one again starting Dec 15

"Whatever you are, be a good one."
- Abraham Lincoln

LEUPOLD IS THE SAFE CHOICE ON SCOPE GLASS, DONT ROLL THE DICE ON GLASS. BEST WARRANTY HANDS DOWN, BEST PRE SALE SHOCK TEST/ OVERALL TESTING. YD.

One of the earlier comments mentioned looking at the scopes in the store with indoor lighting. Be very careful of that because the out door light is much different than artificial light. Ask the salesman if you can take them outdoors to compare and you will see a major difference in scope glass and ability to pickup light.
I buy Leupold and they have never failed me!

TM

I bought the Weaver GrandSlam and its freaking awesome. Will probably have that scope till the day I die... haha

Michael
"What I could do, I was doing, and that was simply putting my butt on the line for my country, the country that I loved, so that all the protestors and the academics and the liberal intelligentsia back home could enjoy the right to protest against people like me, the hated middleclass." --Gary R. Smith, US Special Forces

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos

Great Deals at Camera Land

Camera Land - Optics, Cameras, & More

Camera Land - The Place to Buy Optics

Camera Land - The Place to Buy Optics
Back
Top Bottom