Best scope for youth rifle

A

arrowhead

I have a 7MM 08 youth model in a weatherby vangard. My grandaughter will be going on her first deer hunt this fall where she is the one shooting. What is the best option for scopes?
I'm familar with the VAR 3. Is there anything out there better for eye relief and forgiveness from side to side and up and down to help out a young hunter?
Anyone have any thoughts on red dot sights for shots under 150 yards? Who makes the best red dots?
Thanks for sharing your experiences.

I'm a leupold man, but I just bought a Nikon Monarch to put on a 243 I'm going to use as a beater gun. I'm impressed with it so far, and it seems to have more eye relief than my leupolds.

I dont have much experience shooting with the red dots, so I couldnt help you there.

Is that ethical?

Not sure what you mean by "Is that ethical?"
Is that in reference to a red dot scope?

Leupold FX II 4x. Great eye relief in the fixed 4 with a generous eye box and no frills to worry about or confuse a kid. There are other company's that offer a fixed 4, but I'm not familiar with them.

"A well regulated militia, being necessary to the security of a free state, the right of the people to keep and bear arms shall not be infringed."

I bought a Ruger M77 Ultra Light in 7mm-08 for my kids to start out on. I put a Leupold compact Vari-X II 2-7x33 on it. It was perfect for my kids. My daughter's first kill was a big cow elk at about 100 yards with one shot.
-- Bob

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos

Great Deals at Camera Land

Camera Land - Optics, Cameras, & More

Camera Land - The Place to Buy Optics

Camera Land - The Place to Buy Optics
Back
Top Bottom