Best rifle scope

G

gonad8

I am in the market to purchase a new rifle scope for my 300 wsm. I "think" I have my options narrowed down to either a Zeiss conquest or a Leupold v3. I would like to keep the cost reasonable...but am willing to pay a little more for quality if it is worth it. A lot of you guys have a ton of knowledge and insight....give me your opinions. Any other scopes I should consider? I have enought cabelas points on my card to pay for them through cabelas...but should I consider buying them somewhere else?

Let me know what you guys think...thanks in advance for your advice.

Leupold, hands down, better quality construction, better warranty, site it in and never adjust again (of course you need to check it) American made, best warranty in the industry, I sold optics for 15 years, zeiss was alway's a pain to get any warranty work done, took for ever, I sold 10 times the amount of Leupolds as I did Zeiss Swaro etc, and had to send more of the Euro stuff in for repair, ALOT more. leupold has a two week turn around time for repairs but it is generaly only needed on scopes that are 30 years old, they never seem to ware out.
I am sure you will get ton's of advice on here, most of it will be great as they are a knowledgeable group. But I think and always have thought that most people in a rifle scope seem to like the good glass, made here, when they know they will be taken care of over the amazingly bright in low light Swarovski's that take forever in a day to get fixed and dont have as good an impact rating as Leupold, however guy's are gonna scream at me probably for insulting there favorite European Scope Manufacturer, not my intent, Swaro is Amazing stuff when it comes to glass, Zeiss, I would not even consider. Just my two cent's, Hope it helps, booner.
By the way....I would buy a nikon before I would buy a Zeiss, now that is an insult. LOL

My bino's are Leica and Swaro, but every scope I own is a Leupold. What more can I say.

A Leupold story...

My dad's 3-9x40 broke a reticle (it was 20 years old). He sent it in, Leupold said they didn't repair that model anymore and sent him back a Vari-X III 4.5-14x50 (which costs twice as much as the one that broke).

Now that is good service.

Grizzly

Another vote for leupold. Best scopes for the money and the best service out there.

Great insight booner....I think you just confirmed what I have been leaning toward. Thanks guys.

Thought I better throw in my opinion because has become very one sided for Leupold.

The optics and adjustments on the Zeiss conquest are superior to the VX3. Zeiss has a lifetime transferrable warranty and repair centers in the states now so warranty work is not a problem.

I will admit with the introduction of the vx3 leupolds optics are finally comparable to the top Nikon, Bushnell elite scopes and almost to the level of the Zeiss conquest and cheaper Swarovski scopes-this has not been so in the past. For a $500 scope the vx3 is a good buy-now , I am all for american made so I would say go for it unless you can get a conquest in the power range you want for around a similar price.

The Zeiss conquest 3x9x40 at around $400 is the best optical buy in the market bar none.

As far as reliability goes (and optics) do some research on shooting forums and you will see that the Conquest is highly favored over the Leupold VX3 by a large margin.

I also like the Zeiss Conquest a little better. I find them to have a little better glass IMHO than a comparable leupold.

"By the way....I would buy a nikon before I would buy a Zeiss, now that is an insult. LOL"

Ha ha, I switched to Nikon about 15 years ago and have never had 1 problem. I have had them on several different rifles in about every condition .

My dad put a conquest on his gun a few years back and I really like it as well.

I'll admit though, I hardly hear anything bad about leupold.

I have two Zeiss Conquests that have been in the snow, rain and sleet up mountains and in the desert. One survived a horse wreck. I will be buying a third next week.

Leupolds are as tough as nails but the glass quality does not match a Zeiss or Swarovski. Both are great scopes and I think you will love a Leupold or Zeiss.

Cameraland had a 3-9x40 Vortex Viper on closeout for $179, normally $349. I personally think it is much brighter than the Zeiss Conquest and definitely brighter than my Nikon Monarch. Much sharper and brighter than Leupold VX-1. I bought two of them and wish I had bought more. Killer scopes, no fault warranty.

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos

Great Deals at Camera Land

Camera Land - Optics, Cameras, & More

Camera Land - The Place to Buy Optics

Camera Land - The Place to Buy Optics
Back
Top Bottom