Best rangefinder

For that price range I would say the G-Force 1300 ARC by bushnell.....I have it and it works real well. I bow/muzzleload/and rifle hunt. Wanted a range finder that meets all the needs of all the weapons. It ranges easy past 1000 yards for longer shots with a rifle...still small and hand held for archery and gives angle compensation. Not the best optics but for the price I love it.

Well the best is the Gseven br2 ! But in your price range one of the Nikon's . I got the Nikon rifle hunter 550 for one of my boys last year for xmas. It does incline/decline compensattion. They are on sale at Cabelas for 259.99

I have the Nikon lazor 800 but am not going to recommend it. It has been a decent unit but only ranges deer out to about 5-600 yards and bigger solid items out to the advertised range.

There are times when a rifle hunter needs the longer ranges even if he has no intention of shooting anywhere near that distance. He may want to know the distance to a spot he might plan his sneak to, and then from his shot point to the animal. Don't know if i'm explaining that right but believe me, if you plan to hunt big open country, having more rather than less, yardage ability is very important.

Also, i don't seem to have the need of the incline-decline compensation feature but it would be nice to have if included in a decent price.

One more thing, there are more than several here who might be Vortex dealers or the like. Just saying...

Joey

"It's all about knowing what your firearms practical limitations are and combining that with your own personal limitations!"

I have been looking at the vortex ranger. I know it says a 1,000, but how far will it range a deer? I assume it will not range a deer at 1,000, am I wrong?

The ranger will NOT range a deer at 1000 yards.
500 if you are lucky.

From the Specs on Vortex web site: Range Deer 11-500 yards.

For the money you want to spend, that is about what you can expect.

My experience is that no range finder consistently ranges out to their advertised number. My high end leica will sometimes go beyond it's stated range, but that is in perfect conditions.
Our little Bushnell with ARC does a great job for most all distances I would want a kid to be shooting.

If you have a sportmans warehouse close by ? They have a sheet on the counter next the range finders. They have gather info on all of the ranger finders on how far the range on animals and reflective targets. The one i got my son also had a bow setting.

I had my ranger hitting prairie dogs out to about 700.

I really like mine, works great for me and at a very reasonable price.

4b1db2ac644136c4.jpg

I would go with a Nikon Archers Choice($260) or a Nikon Archers Choice MAX ($330) If you are not looking for a archery rangefinder Nikons Rifle Hunter 1000($350) is really good

The best rangefinder on the market for archery is the Leupold TBR1000i with DNA... I just spent about 4 months researching and every sign pointed towards the Leupold. Accurate, fast and calculated angles better than the vortex which is what I thought I wanted. It will also work very well for rifle hunting if I ever decided to pick up a gun.

I would call Doug at Camerland and see if they still have there leica CRF 1000 for around $400. If so that would be the best you could get for $400. The Vortex is really good, but I use mine in ALL CONDITIONS, including shooting varmints at night, the Vortex is a little hard to read at night, too bright of display, the leica is very fast and accurate.

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom