Best Place for Wyoming Maps

H

Hooner

Any suggestions on a website or place to find Wyoming Maps. Not a big fan of the BLM maps. Thanks in advance for the suggestions.

I just order 1 from DYIhuntingmaps.com. I was told they are great maps and they are unit specific also. I should get it in the mail today.

Is that address correct?
Is it DYIhuntingmaps.com or DIYhuntingmaps.com

Brian
http://i44.tinypic.com/es7x8z.jpg[/IMG]

A place called Denny's Maps and Guns in Cody prints out maps as big as you want. They are not to shabby.

Anymore I just dink with google maps. Save myself the $20 bucks

LAST EDITED ON Mar-02-14 AT 09:16PM (MST)[p]>nfh,
>I think Denny's Guns and Maps
>has closed its doors. The
>next time I am in
>Cody, I will check again.
>
>mh

Really?? I quit going There a few years ago.. Got sick of the bad attitude and lack of gear/guns. I been giving Wyoming Tactical a shot. They will order what-ever I want. Cut you a good deal if you pay cash.

Rocky MNT is high price on most things. Gun prices can be steep. They have a huge selection but they treat people like crap and knock down things that they shouldn't. I walked in one day and bought 2 guns. I asked for a free box of cheap ammo. It was like I was asking to sleep with the dudes wife. They refuse to work with any of the prices and they act like they are loosing money on every deal. I asked them how they can charge 40 bucks for a box of ammo that is worth 20. Again it was like I asked to sleep with the dudes wife. I told them its pretty sad when its cheaper for me to drive to billings and buy ammo and drive back and still save money. I told them if they keep it they will keep loosing local business such as me.

I went in last month cause my wife really wanted a Kimber. The slide on the gun was super tough for her and me to engage back to normal operation. My wife was disgusted with the product. The guy went on how great it was. I told him I wouldn't even pay $100 bucks for it. For $1300 the gun should operate a little better. But he kept forcing my wife to buy. Stuff like shoot it 10,000 times and the slide will operate better. My wife looked at some other guns but the guy wouldn't let her hold them cause he said he doesn't suggest that for her. Well we found a SIG SAUER 226. She liked it a lot. So in front of the guy I called Wyoming tactical and asked if they had one and told him I would take it. The guy at Rocky was a little upset. I told him I want my wife to be able to come in and choose what she wants not treated like a kid.

I like the mytopo maps. They are not cheap but whatcha gonna do?

Cancer doesn't discriminate...don't take your good health for granted because it can be gone in a heartbeat. Please go back and read the last line. This time really understand what it says.

Hooner, I go crazy with maps. I bought one of the DIY maps last year and it worked great. Having coating on it saved it for a return trip. I also print my own from google earth. GPS chip, BLM and National Forest map. All have their use, good luck.

DZ

LAST EDITED ON Mar-04-14 AT 02:16PM (MST)[p]What Unit are you looking for maps for?

I use some sort of combination of:

National Geographic
BLM 1:100,000
US Forest Service Maps
USGS 1:24,000
Google Earth
MyTopo.com hunting maps for each unit (these are decent, basically a BLM Map for your hunting unit that is printed on glossy paper to make it waterproof, not as good a quality as the BLM maps, but waterproof.)

Thanks for the input. I checked out all of these above locations. I am looking for Region G maps but the region is so big it appears that I will be purchasing multiple mapls.

Wyoming Hunting Guides & Outfitters

Badger Creek Outfitters

Offering elk, deer and pronghorn hunts on several privately owned ranches.

Urge 2 Hunt

We focus on trophy elk, mule deer, antelope and moose hunts and take B&C bucks most years.

J & J Outfitters

Offering quality fair-chase hunts for trophy mule deer, elk, and moose in Wyoming.

Yellowstone Horse Rentals - Western Wyoming Horses
Back
Top Bottom