Best Mountain Cell Service

N

NoRegrets

Hey fellas just thinking about changing phone plans but want something that works in the hills out West. I'm leaning toward Verizon... Anyone have any thoughts.

Verizon hands down. I snowmobile all over the state of utah and am amazed at the areas that I get service in. Never came close to that kind of coverage with AT&T. By far the best service for rural areas.

definately verizon, it works extremely well in New Mexico where other providers don't.

Verizon doesnt work very good at all in the basin. But seemed to do pretty good everywhere else.

NO GUTS, NO STORY!!

4b1db2ac644136c4.jpg

That's funny. I have service everywhere I go in the Basin. I wonder why you don't? As much as I hate Verizon customer service and their Walmart like monopoly on phone service, they are really the only service that works reliably.

ill throw my two cents in....I used to have at&t and I liked it. I did get frustrated in the deer camps when my brothers were texting and calling from camp and I had to drive almost into town to get a call out on my phone. Since i switched to verizion I have not looked back. better by far than at&t. At&t seemed to get a little clearer service in big cities but in rural areas its verizion hands down. do it and dont look back.

Verizon is the best. I grew up in the Basin and get service everywhere. I'm even surprised how well I get it in the Book Cliffs

CAN YOU HEAR ME NOW? I use verizon as well, can't comment on the others. Eventually I'm going to get a sat phone for emergencies and far away hunts.

VERIZON WIRELESS.....the best and here is another bit of advice if you are having problems getting a signal in hard areas to receive.

UPDATE ROAMING CAPABILITIES: (Every 30 days) *228 send then press Z

Brian
xvvgp.jpg

I am with verizon, does great for me. They also have the best commercials, Therefore the correct choice, AT&T is lame, but if you go with t-mobile, Catherine Zeta Jones might stop by your house...... I am thinking about switching.

Rub some dirt on it, ya sissy!

VERIZON all the way, it has worked great in Montana,Cal, New Mexico, Wyoming, South Dakota, Arizona, Nevada, Utah and every else that I have taken it.

>I am with verizon, does great
>for me. They also have
>the best commercials, Therefore the
>correct choice, AT&T is lame,
>but if you go with
>t-mobile, Catherine Zeta Jones might
>stop by your house...... I
>am thinking about switching.
>
>Rub some dirt on it, ya
>sissy!

:)

>Verizon is the best. I
>grew up in the Basin
>and get service everywhere.
>I'm even surprised how well
>I get it in the
>Book Cliffs

+1. We always got pretty good service in the Books. I think alot has to do with your phone too. I have Verizon as well, but a few times I had to use Broadside's phone cause mine wouldn't get a strong enough signal to get a call out.

And to comment on other carriers, My dad has ATT with his work and my wife has T-mobile with her family and they don't even come close to getting service in the hills.

I live in the Mtns in central CA...I have verizon and cant get service at home (used to with the analog but not now that they went 100% digital) My bro has AT&T and gets service here...

horsepoop.gif

Disclaimer:
The poster does not take any responsibility for any hurt or bad feelings. Reading threads poses inherent risks. The poster would like to remind readers to make sure they have a functional sense of humor before they visit any discussion board.

I moved to verizon for this reason, but my buddy sometimes gets service on sprint in more remote locations than I can. Overall thought verizon rules.

Had Verizon and it would not get good service where I lived.
I switched to AT&T and don't have near the problems.
Maybe Verizon has got better?? I hated it a few years back.

I have heard others with similiar complaints. Hopefully you can get some advice from those who live and hunt in you specific area? I live in N.Utah/South West Wyoming area.

Verizon hands down... AT&T is a joke. I can confirm Verizon is alot better in SW Wyoming/No Utah. Used to never have service, but now plenty of bars and even send texts from the high country of Wyo!

Verizon for sure. I did have some reception problems when I was hunting up by Woody's place but I just had to get to a high ridge or peak and it worked. I haven't been anywhere in Utah that I couldn't get cell service with Verizon.

It's always an adventure!!!

When I've been in NM everyone there uses Verizon seems to work great, myself being from the midwest we use sprint doesnot work well at all in the west.

Joe E Sikora

I have Verizon and am very Happy. There is one place I like to hunt/camp that I don't get service but my buddy with Nextell (or what ever they are now) gets service. it is the only place I have seen better coverage by a provider other than Verizon.

So...........now that's done, what make and model of internet trail camera have you decided on ;-)

They all suck in the mountains!!! You just need to rent a satellite phone for your hunts.

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom