Best magazine

sniper14

Wondering what everyone's thoughts are on the best hunting magazine or online magazine to help me decide what units are best to hunt in the western states. I used to do eastmans journal but they've upped the price and I was wondering if it still worth it or if there is better out there

Eastman's is still the best for the price...Hunting Fool is the other one. There are even some articles (top of page link) on this site about where to go...good luck.

I've liked them all from time to time but as of right now, None except the ones associated with conservation orgs to which I belong.
They're all good... in their own way but I have no loyalty to any one of them.
Zeke

I like Eastmans and huntin fool. Also muley crazy. Really the cost of a magazine compared to a big game hunt ? Any info you can get will help no matter how small. I guess I am a hunting fool . I subscribe to all of them. ?

First time I've ever agreed 100% with Eldo. Muley Crazy is without a doubt the "Top Shelf" of all hunting mags!

He is specifically looking for a

"magazine to help me decide what units are best to hunt in the western states"

Does Muley Crazy cover this?

Eastmans or Huntin fool is the best for checking unit. Muley Crazy has a lot of strip bucks so great for seeing bucks killed on the strip. It does have a few Utah bucks to. But they are all good just not a lot of unit data in Ryan's magazine.

Western Turtle Hunter. It lists all the units by State with draw odds and success rates, land owner tags, and auction tags. Plenty of good stories too.

Eel

Guns are like parachutes. If you need one and don't have one you probably will never need one again.

Eastmans. They started their magazine about our hunting stories and the other magazines followed the idea.

I'd say Huntin' Fool is probably the most detailed, but it's $100/year, so definitely not cheaper than Eastman's. I like Eastman's, and it gives me a good place to start. I'm a little irritated that you can't look up the MRS section online anymore though without paying for that too. Just for reading purposes (not research), I really like Western Hunter and Elk Hunter magazines. They have a good blend of hunter's stories and practical hunting advice and information. I get a little tired of reading everyone's stories on every single page. Something about reading the term "coveted hunt" has started to kind of get on my nerves over the years too. Not sure why, but it does.

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom