Best lightweight 4x scope

Hardway

Very Active Member
I know there's not alot of optins in this class but just thought I would check. Looking for a fixed 4x scope for a Tikka T-3 in .308. The idea for this rifle was a light weight, no-frills, un-complicated, dont have to worry about scratches, dependable, 300yd, backpacking rifle. I'm not to concerned with reticle's, just a matte finish and hopefully a 40mm or less objective. I also noticed alot of 4x scopes are pre-set witha 50yd paralax for rimfires and not a 100yd like most others. I' like the Luepold but just wondering if anyone else had any others they liked?

If huntin is a sport.....Well your lookin at an athlete!

Whats wrong with a Leupold? Just looking for more options?

I don't think you can find a lighter scope than the Leupy. Check out Weaver GrandSlam, little heavier, but a nice scope as well.

IMO, I'd keep my eyes open for a used Leupy M8. You can pick them up for $125-140 if keep after it. Another option would be a 2-7 Leupy. Very light, and gives you a little more versitility.

I hear ya, I pretty much already had my mind made up. Iwas just giving it one last chance before I made the purchase. The only thing I did,nt like about the ulta-light 2-7 was how small the objective lens was. Something like 27mm, I think the 3-9 is a 33mm as is the 4x. Too many opions........It's obviously what makes em that light, I'm just not sure how bad that 27mm OL will be.

If huntin is a sport.....Well your lookin at an athlete!

Leupy makes 2 diffrent 2-7's. The ultralight has a 28mm and the standard is a 32mm I believe. I've had/have both and I really can't tell much diffrence in the field.

IMO, for a no frills do all, I'd also look at the Leupy 6x42 or a 6x36 fixed. Plenty of power for the longer stuff, and not overwhelming on close range work. Their light and bright.

I ended up buying a 2-7 VXII with the 33mm bell. Only weighs 1ounce more than the ultra light 3-9 at 10.5 ounces with the 3-9 and 4x at 9.5 ounces. The deciding factor was the price and I felt like it was the compromise of what I wanted. Pretty simple, tough, and not too much power for the thick stuff and still having the 7x power to reach out a little ways. $254 + $9 s&h, New in box I thought it was a good deal.

I have that same scope on a 308 and I really like it. I wanted a small, lightweight scope that was not to expensive and it fit the bill perfect. Only gripe is the ring is hard to turn but I can live with that.

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos

Great Deals at Camera Land

Camera Land - Optics, Cameras, & More

Camera Land - The Place to Buy Optics

Camera Land - The Place to Buy Optics
Back
Top Bottom