best lawnmower

smitty

Very Active Member
Haven't had a lawnmower for a few years, gotta get a new one this spring.

A repair guy told me to get either a Toro or a Honda, rear wheel drive.

I don't wanna spend a ton, maybe $500, I need to get a good trimmer too.

What'dya use?

Hire a Mexican Landscaper and save yourself some headaches. When the damn machines start to act up and you get a "compression kickback" in other words you are pulling and the mowers motor says...NO and does not allow the follow thru you are asking for medical problems later....happened to me last year and I am still dealing with damaged nerves in right hand.

Brian
http://i25.tinypic.com/fxbjgy.jpg[/IMG]

7 years ago my wife asked me to buy her a lawnmower. I said ya right, so I can mow the lawn? No thanks, I'll hire a neighbor kid to do it. She insisted, saying kids don't do a good enough job. Finally I relented on the condition that every time I get stuck mowing the lawn, I get to buy a new gun. She agreed and I haven't mowed the lawn once since then.

I bought her a self-propelled Husqvarna I got on sale from Sears and try as she might, she hasn't worn it out. She even changed the blades herself. Talk about a good woman. TRUE STORY;)

My Honda has been bulletproof for 8 years and it gets lots of use with a big yard. I think I have changed the oil in it twice and just cant make that thing quit running. My only regret was not getting a model that had faster speeds. Mine is self propeled but it doesnt go as fast as I walk, so the next one will be a Honda that is the industrial model that goes faster.

I have had good luck with mine, take a looky,,,,

725awkward-stock-photo-lawnmower-560x371.jpg

No help here my yard is sage brush and field grass, The Deer and Elk take care of it in summer and fall, Winter below in lower foothills and start back in the spring. What I do use is a snow blower. Power smart ( Sears)

Rug Im thinking your on to something there. Where could I get one like that or can you just send your mower over when its time. I like my lawn mowed every three days oh who am I kiddin you better just send her over every day.

Come on SMUT!

Quit being so Damn Cheap!

Everybody knows a Big LawnMower gets the job done Quicker!

917johndeere.jpg

The Dew I had for Breakfast wasn't Bad so I had one more for Dessert!:D

OK smitty, a serious answer. I bought a Snapper push mower about 10 years ago. I change oil and add a fresh plug every year. I mow my place and my mom's. It still starts on the second pull every time. It has a Briggs and Stranton engine. I hose it off underneath after every use.

Eel

Bought a Sears "Eagar" model mower in '89.That's 24 years ago.I've changed the oil in it twice,and it still has the same spark plug it started with.That mower has started on the first pull every spring!

True story.

I still like Rug's and Bessy's better,though.They aerate at the same time with those heels!!

Some of you guys need to get laid. Kilowatt, not cool my wife's family are Mexicans. Only I can say that.

Joe

And honestly I would never say that and Live! LOL!

"Sometimes you do things wrong for so long you think their right"

-Joe E Sikora

zero scape or get aritifical turf!
Growing up my parents had a 3 acre lawn, took me 4 hours of mowing twice a week to get it done! I have had enough of that crap!

Mntman

"Hunting is where you prove yourself"

Let me guess, you drive a 1 ton with oak trees for smoke stacks, 12" lift kit and 40" tires to pull a single place lawn mower trailer?

joesikora.....that is all we have around here and they do a good job and are fast.

Besides....my first wife was MEX and my daughter is half Mex and Irish/German bloodline so I can use the name if I want....LOL

Brian
http://i25.tinypic.com/fxbjgy.jpg[/IMG]

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom