best hunt so far

carterj16

Had my best hunt of my life so far. In Idaho you can draw an extra whitetail doe tag. I have gotten mine with a bow the last few years. This year I decided that if my 5 year old son wasnt with me I was not going to fill the tag. I bought a double seated tree stand and got him some camo and on opening night we got a big ol doe.

The best part of the hunt was we had 9 deer under us and one was a decent 8 pt. he started telling me to shoot. (shoot the 3x3 shoot, hes big, he has 2 eyegaurds)he was saying it so loud they all took off running, we then got the doe 20 min later.

It was fun to see how exciting hunting can be even for a doe. He is also going to Wyoming this year with me for an antelope hunt. cant wait.

That's awesome. Congrats on the lasting memories for both you and your son. I can't wait until mine gets a bit older and can head to the field with me.

That is a great story . I bet you made your little huntin partners whole season , and he will remember that outing for some time .

Good for you!

Let's be clear! That's what it's all about!

I have a son and 4 daughters and hunting with them, individually as they grew up, has truly been the highlight of my life!

Zeke

Reminds me of when I was helping a friend try to get his youngster a shot to fill a doe tag many moons ago up in northern Michigan. We got the boy all set up and started making a push to run deer to him and it wasn't very long and we were maybe a hundred yards from him, jumped a nice doe and she headed right for him. Bob hollers out that there's a nice one coming right at him and Robbie hollers back as loud as he could: "I'm ready Dad!" Needless to say, the doe whirled around and away she went. It's funny how I can't remember yesterday, but can remember things involving hunting that happened decades ago!

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom