best guitar player?

justr_86

Long Time Member
LAST EDITED ON Jun-29-09 AT 11:33AM (MST)[p]This one is coming in from way out in left field but its a change. Who do you think is the best guitar player anybody from Hendrix to eddy van halen, James hetfield from metallica, Dwight yoakam.I wish it was me but I can't play a real guitar but I can however play a mean air guitar!

#1 Randy Rhoades
#2 Eddie Van Halen

48288e6577d023b6.jpg

hmm lets see how bout, Jimmy Page, Roy Clark, Jerry Reed, Chet Atkins, Les Paul, Jimi,Eric,and Eddie of course to many to list :)

LAST EDITED ON Jun-29-09 AT 03:07PM (MST)[p]Acoustic/Classical: Tim Reynolds

Blues: BB, Clapton, SRV, Santana

RnR: Jimi, Robert, Angus, Jeff Beck, Satriani,

Thrash/Heavy/Hair: Dimebag, Randy Rhodes, Kirk Hammett, John Petrucci

Other: Yngwie Malmsteen, Buckethead

"...I'd rather be tried by twelve than carried by six..."

Eric Clapton, no slouch on the guitar, once was asked this same question. He named Mark Knoffler, Dire Straits, as the best rock guitarist to ever hit a string.........I concur.

In the country venue, Roy Clark is very high on the list.

Outside the USA, they had a guy in Spain named Andres Segovia, who is considered the greatest Classical Master.

Steve Miller saw him at the Salt Palace in 74 by himself playing a 12 string accoustical. Amazing one man show.

Tom
A conclusion is the place where you got tired of thinking.

What "nickman" said.... I've heard some great guitar players say Mark Knoffler was the best that ever played. I heard Mark Knoffler say in an interview that Chet Atkins was the best...

+1 for Boston sux. Gotta include Jimmy Page in the tops. I also vote for Santana, Billy Gibbons (ZZ Top), Stevie Ray, Jimi.

Duane Allman (Allman Bros) or Alan Collins (Lynard Skynard)

"A well regulated militia, being necessary to the security of a free state, the right of the people to keep and bear arms shall not be infringed."

I like Eddie Van Halen, but
WAY overated IMO.

Stevie Ray Vaughn..no doubt about it.

Jimmy Hendricks...yes sir

...in the same vein, Lenny Kravitz..

Eric Klapton....yes sir.

Mr. Young with AC/DC...one of the best.

Billy Duffy, with The Cult..Awsome...

Slash, know's how to pick a guitar

Dare I say, Prince can work a G.

hummm.....

larro

Alan Collins and Robyn Trower are both good calls. Jeff Beck could also jam, but his music was a little out-there.

Oh, and Zamphyr was the guy who jammed on the pan flute. Yanni played the male organ.

Stevie Ray. My favorite. But back in my Ozzie Osborne loving metal days, he had a guy named Zack Wylde. That man could play, and still does I guess. mtmuley

If you have never heard or seen BUCKETHEAD,Go to ,YOU TUBE,In the search box ,enter,BUCKETHEAD NOTTINGHAM LACE LIVE,Its 7 minutes long ,sit back and enjoy!

I told you guys not to argue, but you went and did it anyways.....

Skip to about the 4:00 mark...

Tom Morello>****

LAST EDITED ON Jul-01-09 AT 10:13PM (MST)[p]Ahh.. A subject after my own heart!
Too many to pick just one.
Blues - Warren Haynes (Allman Brothers) (Much better than Duayne Allman)
Country - Roy Clark ( can play any instrument)
Rock - Don Felder (Eagles)
Metal - Zakk Wylde (Ozzy $ BLS) Nod to Dave Murray of Iron Maiden
Hard Rock - Eddie Van Halen (even though he plays like crap now)
Lindsey Buckingham is definately way under rated. Anyone who can play like him and never use a pick is incredible!

Eric
famousfigures_abevigoda.gif

Ultra liberal, wolf loving, illiterate, gay, hippie midgets on crack piss me off!!!!

deerline.gif

How about Ace Frehley, he has always been one of my favorites followed by Slash.

?Life is like a ten speed bike. Most of us have gears we never use!?

satriani, vivian campbell, george lynch, marty freidman, dave mustaine, the list goes on and on.....

Manny, I used to have 4, 4x12 straight Marshall cabs, 4, 4x12 angled cabs, 2 marshall 300 watt heads, 2 Soldano 300 watt heads,, a half dozen guitars including a Les Paul Gold Top Custom and a boat load of gear. I sold most of it when my first kid was born and I was layed off and without insurance. The kid was worth it but I miss having the overwhelming wall of sound.
Eric

Ultra liberal, wolf loving, illiterate, gay, hippie midgets on crack piss me off!!!!

deerline.gif

Eric' Know what yah mean, it was really fun jammin in the garage with the guys, but I never really progressed as I'd hoped and vibrating the windows didn't kut it with the wife, my kids loved it though, I sure miss it?..so now I just vibrate my office windows these days with my little Practice amp a Micro cube RX ?

Yeah, I was the jackass playing clubs with arena capable equipment. Haaahaaa.....
I miss it though. My brother in law wants us to start a 80's style metal band again. Check out the band Steel Panther and that is what he wants us to emulate except we would be middle aged out of shape dudes.
Eric

deerline.gif

they seem like a solid band, but the drummer's alittle weak...

I guess if i was gonna do a tribute itta be...GnR...paradise city.....

anybody have a jackson? i have a sunburst kv-10 with duncan pickups. wish it was a kv-2 though!

Knopfler, really? He is good but far from being the best. I mean, if I can play most of his stuff he aint the best.
Eric

deerline.gif

LAST EDITED ON Jul-08-09 AT 11:45PM (MST)[p]Too many good ones in too many different styles to name one as best but I will pick a few.

Rock/modern= Yngwie Malmstein, Steve Vai, Joe Satriani

Rock/Blues =Stevie Ray Vaughan, Clapton, Tab Benoit

Rock= Van Halen,Ritchie Blackmore,Jimmy Page, Hendrix

Blues= Buddy Guy, Albert Collins, Robert Johnson

Metal=too many

B.B. King and Kenny wayne Sheppard ain't no slouches when it comes to pickin a guitar.

Kindness is the language the blind can see and the deaf can hear. - Mark Twain

I've always figured the BEST are the guys that are damn near impossible for others to play.... yeah, Clapton is good, but there are plenty of guys out there that can play a Clapton song. Zakk Wylde, Dimebag Darrell, Steve Vai, Eric Johnson are all unreal on the guitar.

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom