Best general unit

H

heffe

Is there one general unit that is considered the best or most desirable? I have enough points to draw two or three tags for any unit. Been buying them every year as I wait for a Books Cliff tag.

Thanks

>Is there one general unit that
>is considered the best or
>most desirable? I have enough
>points to draw two or
>three tags for any unit.
>Been buying them every year
>as I wait for a
>Books Cliff tag.
>
>Thanks

Please be more specific! Best? Most desirable? What weapon? What species? What antler size? How crowded? Roads? Public land vs private? Camping? Group or solo hunt? etc. And you may have a million points, but you'll burn them all just getting one tag and you can't save some of them for later. It doesn't work that way!

The best general unit ? Well the answer to that question is where your buck is , the best unit. There has been good bucks coming off some of the general units. This year the was a big buck that come from one of the northern units. Some guys are taking big bucks off the Wasatch late. So what area is closest to you to scout to find that big buck maybe the question.

LAST EDITED ON Jan-28-14 AT 03:09PM (MST)[p]It would be the rifle season. Preferably some wilderness area(s)in the unit to at least give me a chance to get away from road hunters.

Personally I would rather see numbers of bucks than looking for a week for the "one" special buck.

I will be coming from out of state so scouting is next to impossible, other than google earth, maps etc.

Thanks

I can tell you where not to go. Avoid northern and northeastern units. Those units are only productive for locals that have their honey holes in ridiculously hard to reach locations.

On the other hand, as one of those locals, I'm getting too old to access my honey holes. You can have 'em, if you can find 'em.

So Russ?

You've Noticed too that the NE Region SUCKS?

[font color="red"]From My Smokin Cherry Red Hot Barrel & My Dead Cold Hands I Shall go down Fighting for American Pride & Rights!
I Know I'm Out Numbered by Pusssies & Brainwashed Democrats that'll Throw Their Hands in the air & I know I can't Lick the U.S. Military by Myself when they Turn on us but I'll make
you one Guarantee,They'll be Enduring a Situation where I Hope to Hell All Americans become True Americans once again & Stand up for their Rights!

Northern units really????
Look at your draw odds for general units on the Utah DWR website.
The northern units in the state have easy draw odds. There is a reason why you don't need any points to draw those units. (I would guess that most hunters that hunt in the northern region are locals who don't want to travel far)
I don't know where you are located at but according to the draw odds for general units, the central and southern units in the state are harder to draw. I'm guessing that there is a good reason why they require preference points to draw.

Theodore Roosevelt's guidance concerning
conservation...
"The movement for the conservation of wildlife,
and the conservation of all our natural resources,
are essentially democratic in spirit,purpose and
method."

"We do not intend that our natural resources shall
be exploited by the few against the interests of the
majority. Our aim is to preserve our natural
resources for the public as a whole, for the
average man and the average woman who make
up the body of the American people."

"It is in our power...to preserve game..and to give
reasonable opportunities for the exercise of the
skill of the hunter,whether he is or is not a man of
means."

Bearpaw Outfitters

Experience world class hunting for mule deer, elk, cougar, bear, turkey, moose, sheep and more.

Wild West Outfitters

Hunt the big bulls, bucks, bear and cats in southern Utah. Your hunt of a lifetime awaits.

J & J Outfitters

Offering quality fair-chase hunts for trophy mule deer, elk, shiras moose and mountain lions.

Shane Scott Outfitting

Quality trophy hunting in Utah. Offering FREE Utah drawing consultation. Great local guides.

Utah Big Game Outfitters

Specializing in bighorn sheep, mule deer, elk, mountain goat, lions, bears & antelope.

Apex Outfitters

We offer experienced guides who hunt Elk, Mule Deer, Antelope, Sheep, Bison, Goats, Cougar, and Bear.

Urge 2 Hunt

We offer high quality hunts on large private ranches around the state, with landowner vouchers.

Allout Guiding & Outfitting

Offering high quality mule deer, elk, bear, cougar and bison hunts in the Book Cliffs and Henry Mtns.

Lickity Split Outfitters

General season and LE fully guided hunts for mule deer, elk, moose, antelope, lion, turkey, bear and coyotes.

Back
Top Bottom