Best elk unit

Robiland

Very Active Member
Hey guys, I am from Utah. I love hunting but am the average joe hunter. I am looking for the best unit to hunt elk. Like I said, I am from utah and I know whats the best units here like the Pahvant, Monroe, San Juan, or quantity like wasatch and Manti. But for wyoming, I have no clue except for what I read in magazines and here. But I never know what to believe. I hope to archery hunt, but am not closed to rifle or muzzle loader.

So for an archery hunt in wyoming, I am looking for public access and quantity and quality. Please dont rip me a new one. We all know we would like the biggest animal on the moutain and so do I. I am looking for 320 + type bull (or bigger of course). Any ideas or suggestions would be great. I know the apps are in the winter time. I have 6 points after I buy my point in a few weeks. Just want to get the ball rolling and if I have to drive out this summer and fall to scout out any suggested areas, I will. I want to make the best of my hunt.

Thanks, Landon

124 has everything you are looking for other than quantity. Big unit, elk in localized pockets. Horrible odds even with 6 points. Some truely huge elk come from 124. 36 is not bad. I am not as familiar with the Bighorns. 31 is a good archery choice. 100 is a fun hunt with great numbers but not the biggest in the state.

Wyoming Hunting Guides & Outfitters

Badger Creek Outfitters

Offering elk, deer and pronghorn hunts on several privately owned ranches.

Urge 2 Hunt

We focus on trophy elk, mule deer, antelope and moose hunts and take B&C bucks most years.

J & J Outfitters

Offering quality fair-chase hunts for trophy mule deer, elk, and moose in Wyoming.

Yellowstone Horse Rentals - Western Wyoming Horses
Back
Top Bottom