lve2143

Very Active Member
Van Halen, 1982 tour....JUMP.
7th row.

Never got to see AC/DC, and couldn't afford
the Black Ice tour. Will prolly haunt me the
rest of my life.

lrv

Ozzfest 2002 in Manchester!! Black Label Society, Adema, Mushroomhead, POD, Puddle of Mudd, Rob Zombie, System of a Down, and of course Ozzy!!

~Z~

All the good ones i went to, i couldn't remember them even the next day!!
LMAO!!

48288e6577d023b6.jpg

I got to see AC/DC about 12 years ago at the Forum. It was very loud and there was a lot of weed smokin' going on around us. I don't remember if it was an enjoyable concert or not!

Best concert I've been to is either Mark Chesnutt, Chris LeDoux or Gary Allen.

Worst Concert- By far MC Hammer at the Paso Robles Fair. His set was about 2 1/2 hours and it consisted of a total of 4 different songs. They were long ass, strung-out, and a waste of time! By the end of the concert, the crowd was yelling, "Hammer, don't hurt 'em!!"

Steve

rage against the machine...i think it was 97 or 98. here in boise at the old penitentiary. the cops searched EVERY person going in at the gate. took like 2 hours to get in. fought my ass off in there. it was crazy!!

LAST EDITED ON Jan-28-09 AT 08:38PM (MST)[p]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3cvTwsxQeVw

reat post/pic, thanks for sharing

JB
497fc2397b939f19.jpg

Marshal Tucker Band at a little local bar about 2 years ago. Only let in about 300 people and it rocked.

"A well regulated militia, being necessary to the security of a free state, the right of the people to keep and bear arms shall not be infringed."

Best concert I ever saw was Led Zeppelin's concert at the Oakland Coliseum, right before Jon Bonham died. If I'm not mistaken, that was their final concert together in their original group.

1st concert 1966 "The Monkees'
Best show Alice Cooper "Dead Babies Tour" in the early 70's
Best Solo: Steve Miller at the Salt Palace "74'
Concert is a toss up? Black Sabbath, Credence, The Who, Stones,
Grand Funk, Canned Heat, J.Giels, Montrose, C,S,N.& Y
well, I just aged myself.

Life member of: NRA
RMEF

Pink Floyd. Best by far.

Rush was good this last tour. Saw AC/DC twenty years ago or so. Loud as hell.............

Toby Keith and Sawyer Brown in 1994 in St. George. TripleK SHOULD remember that when but I doubt she does. It was a blast! My buddy and I snuck up to the first few rows and danced with a couple of redheads! Never got their names but man were they hot!

The next best was Clay Walker the year or so after. After he finished his set he just sat up on the stage and had a jam session with his band and the fans. Went acoustic for quite a few songs! Pretty cool.

Went to the George Straight Fest in Vegas in '99 - cool music but crappy seats and hotter than hell. We were dead center away - first row of the bleachers attached to the top of the stadium. We could see there were people on the stage and that is about it. Good thing there was a jumbo tron and thank heaven for the drunk cow-girl/biker chick sitting three rows in front of us! Without her there wouldn't have been any "show". Decided I would buy a hat there - but waited too long - I sunburned my head so bad that I am sure I suffered some permanent hair loss! It started out with Asleep at the Wheel, then JoDee Messina, Kenny Chesney, the Dixie Chicks, Tim McGraw, and then George. We left before George finished - had all we could take. Still took us nearly 2 hours to get back to the hotel. It was the first time my wife and I were away from our one year old for a whole night - but we were too tired and my head was too sunburned to do any thing. Talk about major disappointment!

UTROY
Proverbs 21:19 (why I hunt!)

You mean VH, 1984 tour.

Best concert I ever went to was the first concert I ever went to. The US Festival 1983 in Devoir Ca. at a place called Glen Helen park. I was about 14 years old visiting family in So cal. I went with my cousin and some of his friends. They all lied to their parents, saying they were going to stay at each others house for the weekend. The concert was a 3 day event with all the biggest bands at the time. The first day was country day, the second day was Rock day with Van Halen, Scorpions, Ozzy, Judiest Priest, AC/DC etc, ect. and the last day was new wave day. There were hundreds of thousands of people there. I was a little punk kid from Idaho and I seen things at that concert that I have never seen since. Oh yea, all the parents figured it out and we all got busted, but it was worth it.

D13er- I'm guessing you didn't make it up to the Pozo Saloon to see 2 Live Crew did you? Doesn't seem like your type of music! I'm amazed at some of the acts they get out there in the middle of nowhere!

Steve

KISS was good....I think it was in 75.
But the best ever was Lynyrd Skynyrd....probably in 76, man...they rocked and then a few years later...they crashed.
Both gigs at the Salt Palace, good seats for both concerts.
I can't imagine any concert topping Skynyrd!

LAST EDITED ON Jan-28-09 AT 11:13PM (MST)[p]dont know if it was the best concert or not but i know it was the best show i have ever been to, motley crew at konocti,ca. a few years back it was the day that tommy lee got out of jail and the whole orignal band was there there were six butt naked smokin hot dancers on stage doing all sorts of stuff to each other like you would only see in an adult film i saw more girls with thier shirts off than i did with them on ##### everywhere you looked kinda hard not to get caught staring by the wife but oh well what was i supposed to do stare at the ground p.s it was flat out pouring down rain just to add to all the fun

Man you guys are a bunch of head bangin freaks!!!;-) The best concert I've been to in my SANE years is a toss up between Kenny Chesney at the MGM this past summer or Brooks and Dunn at Country Jam a few years ago. One of the best concerts I saw in my NOT-SO-SANE years would have to have been RUSH or Kansas.

Oh by the way, for all you Boston lovers.....they are all bonified members of PETA.:D

It's always an adventure!!!
www.awholelottabull.com

Fleetwood Mac at the Orange Bowl in Miami,Fl in 1977....and they had the USC Trojan band playing in they're "Tusk" song.....now that was cool.
Day on the Green Concert in Oakland 1978 was a really close 2nd..Ted Nugent, Eddie Money, the Cars...lots of puzzy runnning around at them two....

Rage Against the Machine on the Evil Empire tour in 96!! I was 14 and don't think I slept for a week after that show. Loud as hell, and I loved it!!!

Garth Brooks at the Delta Center
Chris Ledoux at Weber State
Metallica at Wolf Mountain
Aerosmith at the Delta Center

Chris LeDoux in Scottsbluff, NE. It was his first concert after his liver transplant.

Aim Center Mass
rifleman.gif

For me it was back in 1959, the place was rocking with Fats Domino, Chuck Berry and Little Richard. Good old ROCK & ROLL.

Brian

Wham 1985.

In reality the best concert I've been to was probably Judas Priest, Defenders of the Faith Tour at the Salt Palace.

It was Kenny Chesney...Until I went to a Brad Paisley show. Now I am a BIG Paisley fan. I will say that Chris Ledoux at a high school theater was a rocking show.

CSO

It's all about the good times...

Boston at Wolf Mountain was always good. (I miss those concerts at Park West/Wolf Mountain/Canyons)

Grateful Dead in Vegas was always a favorite.

But one of the best was while in High School We went down to Snow College to see Nitty Gritty Dirt Band, Diamond Rio, and Swayer Brown.

Pat Travers 1977, winter land
Roni montrose 1977 Day on the Green Oakland Ca.
AC/DC 1977 winter land
Rush 1976 ??
ZZ top ?

Lots more I can't even remember as to the dates i'm sure i was fried so can't remember.......................................

LAST EDITED ON Jan-29-09 AT 02:45PM (MST)[p]Metallica a couple years ago. They weren't as good this year, but still better than the Aerosmith concert we went to in Las Vegas by about a mile.

I agree with the Chris Ledoux ones.Seen him 3 times here in Nev. He was a great singer and songwriter. The wife and I went to Clay Walker in Wendover last year. He was awesome. Got tickets to Dierks Bentley in April. I can't wait. Wish I have seen some rock ones like some of you. I think Aerosmith would be awesome. Even AC/DC would be awesome.

Pardon--
Chris Ledoux here in Gillette before he passed on to higher meadows was a good thing.
Journey stole the show from ELO in Detroit in '78.
Johnny Winter (finally!) at the Parkway in Casper last Winter was a REAL Treat!

Rump

LAST EDITED ON Jan-29-09 AT 10:55PM (MST)[p]Couldn't tell you. I used to go to Winterland a lot. My cousin was the drummer of Tower of Power, East bay funk, i got back stage passes. Those were good shows in good times but the days spent "On the Green" were really good too. Some i don't remember so well, imagine that, but rest assured, all the good gigs were there!

The one that didn't go so well, after a Winterland concert trying to get off the embarcadero and on to the Bay Bridge, i ran the frame of my TR Gt6+ straight in to a railroad track. Ouch!! Was way dark, looked like a road went across them...but there was no road. Stopped us cold, girlfriend all bitchy pissed off yelling at me, wrecked my nice car. oh well...musta been the Rum!

Joey

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom